User avatar

snap

  • Homework Help Re: scholarship essays

    Since they're asking you to write about yourself (and almost all of them are), using "I" should be okay. And, I agree with the above. That they're looking for uniqueness. ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Homework Help Re: Outline

    Introduction is fine. If you wanted to get picky, you could do it like this: Intro A. Thesis: But, as long as it's all indented correctly (which I know you ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: The Priceless Bounty

    The only way it's not going to happen is if you decide not to give it a go. You never know until you try. But, that's entirely your decision. :)

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: deleted

    It looks good. Very elegant writing. I would agree with the above, as to posting in literary forums and breaking it up, and the only thing I would suggest is, ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: What happens after death?

    I'm with Scotty on the actual beliefs, from what I've read, anyway. However, this subject has always fascinated me. Death has fascinated me. (Yeah, yeah, I'm weird. Quiet, you. :)) ...

    Nov 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Creative writing club

    I help run a bi-weekly writing group that meets at Barnes and Noble. And, honestly, I'm not very happy with the way it works. We have two different people reading ...

    Nov 6, 2007
  • Novel Workshop Re: The Gifted and the Cursed: Super-Kids in Training

    I've downloaded this, as well, and I'll get to it when I can, promise. :) Better yet, submit your work to an agent. They'll get you the best deal, and ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Novel Workshop Re: Untitled

    So, I downloaded it, too, because it looks interesting, though I haven't had a chance to read it yet. :) I'll get to it soon, though. It caught my interest. ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Said, said, said, said

    I think it's really a matter of opinion. I, personally, don't like when "said" is used over and over. To me, at least, it shows a lack of creativity and ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What do you like to see in a book?

    You might check out The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (as mentioned above) or Pirates! for research or whatnot. It might give you some ideas. :) Also, I agree about ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    I'm dealing with the SAME thing in one of my novels. I think I agree with Trident, that perhaps it could be another, fictional camp? (I did the same thing ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Help for novel?

    Try not writing it in order. I NEVER write my novels in order. I can't. What's one scene that just runs through your head over and over again that you ...

    Oct 1, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    Stars explode, and implode, all the time. The Big Bang theory is not so ppreposterous when think about a star. When a star reaches the end of its life, it ...

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: iPod video nano

    My mom just got the video nano. Or, rather, I got it for her. I have the 80 gb, and love it. The new ones just don't have enough space ...

    Sep 25, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: An Idol?

    The fact is that the Bible is the number one best-selling book worldwide. And has been for years. No matter what the reasons people have for buying it, it remains ...

    Sep 25, 2007


The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.
— George Orwell, 1984