User avatar

smaur

  • Writing Tips Re: BEARISH!

    *twitch*

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Calvin & Hobbes Comic Strip On Writing

    Hah ... I'm sure Miss Wormwood will LOVE that.

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: On the Evils of Description

    To a certain degree, I agree with you. ...but only to a certain degree. Weighty description is unnecessary in ACTION SEQUENCES. Or the majority of action sequences, if your intention ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Technology Kills.

    That's why I always write long posts in Word :). That's why I always write any entry — long or short — in Notepad. :) For me, using the computer ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: D is for Diction

    1. This was awesome. 2. You were totally on the mark with this. 3. Oh god, now I have the exceedindly unpleasant visual of plaid + stripes matched together.

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Your Daily Dose of Enlightenment

    When I was a wee smaurling, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I had an epiphany. I am NOT going to be the best writer of my time. More importantly — ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why myspace is good, take two

    Good point. ... but I'm still not getting a Myspace. :P (I'm an internet rebel! Or, uh, something.)

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Ten Simple Truths (Not So Simply Explained)

    So my question is — are there really ten, or was that an elaborately planned trap to confuse/distract us while you brainwashed all our house pets into forming your undead ...

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Research Re: Research for Story

    Think about: - What era you're looking at. - Which government (i.e. which country) you want. "A long time ago" can be anywhere from twenty years ago to five hundred. ...

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Short Assignments

    Dude, I love that book. Well-written, entertaining, and bizarrely interesting. (Plus, I have several quotes from it saved on my computer... *geeky*)

    Aug 14, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    Nanowrimo . Or: - Bribe yourself. - Get someone to write with you. - Get someone to harass you when you don't write.

    Jul 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Ten Simple Truths (Not So Simply Explained)

    Tips 1 and 2 are pretty interchangeable. Otherwise, yay!

    Jul 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: May I have a moment of your time?

    My dear, there's always the distinct possibility that the writing won't work out. I'm not saying you're a bad writer; I'm saying it's a cutthroat industry and it's not always ...

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How much dialouge is too much?

    What Griffinkeeper said. Although ... I'd only include the relevent dialogue. If there is something serious being discussed, but then the topic changes to something less serious for the rest ...

    Mar 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    Firstly dont use words like linen or breeched,cs not many know what they mean, this is way too complicated , this would throw me strait of a story, Okay, I ...

    Mar 4, 2006


Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus