-
Re: Looking for some advice on Comics
Hey, If you've never made a comic on your own, as you've sort of implied here, I would suggest practicing a lot before you seek publication. Start a webcomic, maybe. ...
Aug 24, 2010 -
Re: How to avoid copycatting?
1 - Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, yay! 2 - I'm not sure that there's a sure-fire way to know, but I sometimes have the paranoid thought that I've accidentally filched a ...
Aug 13, 2010 -
Re: Plants and sun and science.
Two things: - There's a very famous short story by Ray Bradbury ("The Green Morning") in which a man plants seeds on the otherwise-dead Mars and they grow overnight into ...
Aug 13, 2010 -
Re: Publishing, how do you get there?
(1) Make your novel fantastic. I'm sure it's great already, but shop it around to various people whose criticisms you trust. And who will be honest , and critical ...
Jun 20, 2009 -
Re: Need Help for Sci-Fi story!
1) Can you think of any cool sci-fi fan user names? So far I've only got LaserPhaser22 and 0solarflair0. Everything else sucks so I need something else XD Um, as ...
Jun 6, 2009 -
Re: Is "clear his/her name" a cliche phrase?
I think that's fine. Better to use that (cliche) phrase then try to find a long-winded pseudo-original way to say it.
Apr 25, 2009 -
Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...
So hopefully, I have my bases covered there. It definitely sounds like you do!
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Manuscript Formatting
I haven't formatted anything to send out before, but there are definitely about a hundred thousand resources on manuscript formatting that will help you immensely. Here's one. And here's another. ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...
Just wanted to add something I forgot to mention earlier: You're taking the Evil Government route which, while it isn't necessarily a bad route to take, it's definitely a standard ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Short Stories
Is a short story easier than a novel? Maybe, maybe not. I find them easier to write because I've written heaps more of them, and because I find it easier ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Regarding the Steampunk genre..
Steampunk is pretty much the Industrial Era + sci-fi. So all of the characteristics of that time: clothing, mannerisms, architecture, but with a science fiction twist. Wikipedia is always love ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Book idea
Yay sci-fi! Um. So clones are fun and I like some of your ideas; some of the storylines don't make sense although it might be for lack of information. Why ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: story plot (=
I love your premise but to be honest, I'm not sure about your execution. A couple of things pinged for me: the Magical Hero(ine) Who Doesn't Know Who She Is, ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...
An easy way to keep people from leaving is to make sure no one is coming. Maybe they halt traffic to and from the city, for "the people's safety". Maybe ...
Apr 20, 2009 -
Re: Where is my inspiration?
Everyone falls in writing slumps. It sucks, but they happen. Stuff that might help: (1) Reading. Do tons of it. Having a writing slump is a good excuse to read ...
Apr 20, 2009
