User avatar

smaur

  • Writing Activities Re: letters from your characters

    Something from the Nanowrimo forums. If your characters could vent at you in letter form, what would they say? ETA: Poor Imp made a good point. They don't all have ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Ah, crap. I don't think I'll be able to clock 42 hours with the remaining two weeks — not because it isn't possible on its own (in fact, it very ...

    Mar 21, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    In terms of Dan Brown's questionable literary merit, I'd rather like to point everyone in the direction of this little article . *cough* Yeah, that's all.

    Mar 20, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    I've only done about 30mins of editting so far. ... and suddenly I feel reassured about my crappy eight hours ... ;)

    Mar 16, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Hmm. HTML course, eh? Okay, this is what you do. Copy and paste the following code into a Notepad document: .prog-border { height: 15px; width: 205px; background: #fff; border: 1px ...

    Mar 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just finished a retelling of Snow White, called Snow by Tracy Lynn. It was good; nothing spectacular, but it suited my purpose (entertainment). !!! You have to be the only ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Well — I suppose I'd eat some humans. It's been a long time, you know, and I'm getting somewhat hungry. [Cale, from an epic unnamed project] How do you want ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just finished Bel Canto , by Ann Pratchett. *sigh* Gorgeous book. I have a stack of books to read (and a neverending book list) — The Battle of the Sexes ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Well, if YWS enabled HTML, I'd be able to show you the progress bar I made. (Actually, if you know rudimentary HTML, I might be able to show you how ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Um, honey, I'm a fucking demon . I've done a lot more than kissing. [Cal, Wraith .] Would you sell your soul to the devil? (Or to me, for that ...

    Mar 14, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    ... argh. I've only done five hours of editing. Forty-five more to go. On the bright side, chapter one is more or less edited (for now, anyway) and I can ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is this too much like Harry Potter

    See, the thing is that at some point, someone somewhere will always compare you to another writer. No matter how well you write, no matter how amazing and fresh and ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Okay, here's part one of Smaur's long and incoherently rambling list of favourite fantasy writers. Yes, that's right — part one . For the sake of length (ha ha, yeah ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    ... and I'm in Ontario, Canada. Hurray for the moose people. How are the rest of y'all doing? Um lets just say your doing better than me *twiddles thumbs* ... ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Er, do you really want me to make a list? Because my list spans several dozen pages and includes lots of exclamation marks and incoherent gibbering about how amazing Author ...

    Mar 6, 2006


I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held