User avatar

smaur

  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo '07-First Sentences

    Moscow is burning.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NanoWriMo Wordcount '07

    I hit 2000 words. Taking a break now.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo 2007

    Ohhman. I have fifty minutes to figure out my entire plot.

    Nov 1, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: regional events

    So one of the two regions I belong to is having a kickoff party today and I'm going with a friend. Anyone else attending their regions' kickoff parties, write-ins, etc.?

    Oct 27, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo 2007

    I haven't been around a lot/at all for most of this year, but ... I'm doing Nanowrimo. Hopefully. Yeah. I'll probably drop in a couple of times here and around ...

    Oct 26, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sticking With a Story Until the End or Taking a Break?

    I have to get through one at a time. Even if I hate myself every moment of the way. If I take a break from the story, I know I'll ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Get Ready, Because Here It Comes!

    Hahah. I prepared for Nanowrimo by going to a Halloween party.

    Nov 2, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your wordcount!

    Brag about how high it is, complain about how low it is, promise us it'll get higher — how many words do you have so far? To start us off: ...

    Nov 2, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Excerpts from Evacuation Earth

    Eh, wait, excerpts already? (Okay, okay, I didn't even read them, I'm sorry.) Aren't you supposed to wait until November to start that? You might want to read the dates ...

    Oct 29, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    How do you start? I've always hated beginnings. I need a good beginning to be motivated to keep going. At least, a beginning that makes me interested. Granted, this sometimes ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

    *Is looking frantically for all the tips she can find* Word wars are your FRIENDS. Basically, there's a thread in the forums (usually in "Reaching 50,000") in November where people ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    This is what I do: I don't plan. ... until a couple of days before Nanowrimo. I let myself do little things, like think up character names (sometimes; not always), ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    I'm still curious — what exactly would you do with an LJ (or any blog) for your nano? This is getting a wee bit tangential, but since I have forty ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: anyone attending regional Nano events?

    Okay, so most areas have a regional lounge, especially in Canada and the U.S., where all the people in your area hang out and talk and organize nifty get-togethers. So ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Genres?

    For fantasy and sci-fi especially, genres don't really give you a clear impression of what the book entails. Mystery, for example, follows a pretty specific formula. So does romance. But ...

    Oct 26, 2006


The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl