User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: "Recommend a TV Show" Thread!

    Sorry, Nate. The best television show in history goes to The Wire , which is consistently phenomenal, heart-breaking, fantastic television. No other television show (with the almost-exception of The S

    Aug 27, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Does being on a "Twilight" soundtrack ruin a band/song?

    Why would that ever ruin a band? A song may be spoiled for you personally, but that's very different. Lots of craptastic films have featured less-than-craptastic songs, and from what ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your favourite fairytale?

    Not so much a fairytale person anymore, but thanks. I've seen that site before. (And that wasn't the story -- Gaiman wrote a reboot of The Three Billy Goats.)

    Aug 6, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your favourite fairytale?

    Back when I used to be overly fixated with fairytales, I had a weird thing for "The Snow Queen". I read it when I was really young, and the weird ...

    Aug 6, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you think Harry Potter is the LotR of Low fantasy?

    I always find it infuriating that Lord of the Rings must be compared to Harry Potter, and vice versa. They're both deeply flawed but also fantastic in their own amazing ...

    Jul 24, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    Tossed in a semi-recent blog entry, got David Foster Wallace (who is this?). David Foster Wallace is the brilliant albeit dense writer of Brief Interviews with Hideous Men and (more ...

    Jul 17, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    In case you haven't seen it already, there's a ridiculous new gadget circling the internuts: I Write Like Copy & paste an excerpt of your writing and it will tell ...

    Jul 17, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Blimey! YWS Has Gone British!

    Okay, seriously, how is Don Mills on this list?! It's barely a place!

    Jun 19, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Art and Real-Life

    Hypocrit > Wow. I disagree with pretty much everything you've said. I don't think half — actually, most — of the things you listed are forms of art at all. ...

    May 3, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Imposter!

    There was a Goosebumps episode like this.

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Are you afraid of the mods?

    I am afraid of Nate because he is a killer robot. With LASERS. I can't say more.

    Apr 28, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: YWS New Automatic Feature

    Well, let's get real. There's no copyright issue that can't be solved by a good sword duel. (Now if only I could convince Warner Bros. of that.)

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: YWS New Automatic Feature

    Yes, but will it write my stories ?

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: TYWC Refugees... Bad News

    : ( That doesn't even start to cover it.

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: New JMs! June, Sachiko, Clo, Jiggity, Kylan, and Demeter!

    Congraaaaaatulations! With six as.

    Apr 20, 2009


You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind