User avatar

smaur

  • Writers Corner Re: I've been working on the same novel for four years!

    I don't know if this is still an issue or if you've figured out a way to resolve it, but things to consider: - Find a couple of people who ...

    Apr 15, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How do I, branch out?

    It definitely helps to immerse yourself in different genres and styles. You can find heaps of book / story recommendations both here and everywhere else on the internet — it ...

    Apr 15, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Internal monologue overload

    I second Eimear's opinion, but instead of an internal "monologue", maybe condense it to one or two short sentences of thought that suggest she is thinking the complete opposite? Something ...

    Apr 15, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey everyone!

    Hey! Welcome to YWS. : ) Sounds like you will fit in here pretty well. Also, yay for people who write science fiction! There are definitely not enough in the ...

    Apr 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Test The New Chat!

    The new chat is great. As in, Tony-the-Tiger-great. Nate, you are a superhero. (Am I the only one who thinks "Flashdance" when they see "Flashchat"?)

    Apr 11, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: All The World Is Blind [r]

    all the world is blind This time, he is going to die. He can’t remember how to breathe, how to take full deep inhaling gulps of oxygen to shoot his ...

    Apr 11, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What's your favourite...?

    I would hardly say they're "feminist" or "non-comformist" but then again, I was never a Disney person until I hit the Lion King.

    Apr 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Did I format this right?

    Celtx is essentially the same as Final Draft, only free. You might want to put your descriptions in caps or something so you can differentiate it from other things. Um...don't ...

    Apr 3, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Best or Greatest?

    It's actually the breatest. Or the grest.

    Mar 31, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Did I format this right?

    I skimmed through your screenplay quickly, and the formatting looks about right. The only thing to note is that in the description of the action (i.e. the non-dialogue bits), you ...

    Mar 31, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Important Question

    This is srs bizness, man. Backstreet Boys. Although Aqua was better than both. Oh poppy teen bands of my youth, how I still love you. I remember fights used to ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The Unstoppable Metal Dream Machina- Chapter 1

    The idea of doing a mecha-themed story is awesome, but you get bogged down a lot. You mentioned that the length might be a deterrent, and it kind of is; ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: I need some heroines!!!

    Elizabeth I was pretty awesome. So was her sister: Mary, Queen of Scots. I agree with the "Elizabeth I was pretty awesome" part. However, her sister was not Mary, Queen ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Voila . Anyone else? Eh eh eh?

    Mar 26, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Gamma Ray (1)

    I was kind of hesitant to write a review for this (that is, before you posted on my critique list) because, well, I tend to get pretty in-depth with critiquing. ...

    Mar 26, 2009


*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits