User avatar

smaur

  • Writers Corner Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...

    Just wanted to add something I forgot to mention earlier: You're taking the Evil Government route which, while it isn't necessarily a bad route to take, it's definitely a standard ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Short Stories

    Is a short story easier than a novel? Maybe, maybe not. I find them easier to write because I've written heaps more of them, and because I find it easier ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Regarding the Steampunk genre..

    Steampunk is pretty much the Industrial Era + sci-fi. So all of the characteristics of that time: clothing, mannerisms, architecture, but with a science fiction twist. Wikipedia is always love ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Book idea

    Yay sci-fi! Um. So clones are fun and I like some of your ideas; some of the storylines don't make sense although it might be for lack of information. Why ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: story plot (=

    I love your premise but to be honest, I'm not sure about your execution. A couple of things pinged for me: the Magical Hero(ine) Who Doesn't Know Who She Is, ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...

    An easy way to keep people from leaving is to make sure no one is coming. Maybe they halt traffic to and from the city, for "the people's safety". Maybe ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Lots of "Will Review For Food" Posts; Few Reviews

    I am too OCD to not point out all of the issues line-by-line. I sometimes don't do that, but those are rare occasions.

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Where is my inspiration?

    Everyone falls in writing slumps. It sucks, but they happen. Stuff that might help: (1) Reading. Do tons of it. Having a writing slump is a good excuse to read ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: POV question

    Of course you can do it — it's your novel, you can pretty much do anything you want. It's kind of a matter of taste, and how well you incorporate ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Do these even exist?

    Okay, wracking my ever-failing memory for YA novels that I enjoyed as a teen: Scott Westerfeld's "Uglies" series is easy to breeze through — it's fun awesome sci-fi that is ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Two New Additions to Big Brother!

    Everyone's green! Omg.

    Apr 18, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: How Have you Changed YWS?

    I brought kitten-eating. True story.

    Apr 18, 2009
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: evil like a hobbit: Cal's NaPoWriMo Thread

    Um. So like I said. I am going to theft your mad poem-ing skills. It will be great.

    Apr 17, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: All The World Is Blind [r]

    You are most definitely right, the hooker line is silly and the woodenly was unnecessary. (I knew someone was going to point out that hooker line before I fixed it ...

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Stats: April 14, 2008 to April 14, 2009

    I find it bizarre that people still use Internet Explorer. (Guess I gotta use Safari more.) YWS is growing up so fast... *sniffs* Lul. That's what people said three years ...

    Apr 15, 2009


Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee