User avatar

smaur

  • Randomosity Re: YWS New Automatic Feature

    Well, let's get real. There's no copyright issue that can't be solved by a good sword duel. (Now if only I could convince Warner Bros. of that.)

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: YWS New Automatic Feature

    Yes, but will it write my stories ?

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: And Then.

    Hey! So I like this. You're not quite doing anything new with the post-apocalyptic science fiction cliche but I am assuming that this is the first chapter and that you'll ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Immortal

    Hey! So I like your writing and I am especially a fan of your first and last lines but there's a lot of pretty basic clean-up that you might want ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Untitled as of yet

    Just a few things: - Mentioning that you wrote this "out of boredom" is pretty much the easiest way to push people away as reviewers because it kind of implies ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Okay, I'm done reviews for both Icaruss and peanutgallery007. Again, sorry about the delay — it's kind of a crunch time for me right now. Does anyone else want a ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: First page of Sensing Wild

    Apologies for the epic delay in critiquing. I'm here now! A couple of things: - Just out of curiosity, why did you post only the first page? I'm asking because ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Last Date.

    Okay, I'm here. A gazillion years late. I actually enjoyed the sparseness (er, minimalism) of the piece; I thought it worked well for the story you were telling. In a ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: TYWC Refugees... Bad News

    : ( That doesn't even start to cover it.

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Help Me With My New Novel Plot...

    So hopefully, I have my bases covered there. It definitely sounds like you do!

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Fonts

    Veranda is love. But after thirteen years of Times New Roman hate, I'm starting to like it at size 11 pt. Or even 9 pt. The smaller it gets, the ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: New JMs! June, Sachiko, Clo, Jiggity, Kylan, and Demeter!

    Congraaaaaatulations! With six as.

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    It's hard to advance a story with a "perfect character". It's hard for your readers to empathize with someone who is ridiculously perfect. It's hard for their trials and tribulations ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Would a character smoking in a novel bother you?

    A lot of people have said that it "has to fit the character's personality" for them to smoke, but I'm hard-pressed to look at my smoker-friends and see how their ...

    Apr 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Manuscript Formatting

    I haven't formatted anything to send out before, but there are definitely about a hundred thousand resources on manuscript formatting that will help you immensely. Here's one. And here's another. ...

    Apr 20, 2009


Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns