User avatar

smaur

  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Done! Does anyone else want anything? I'm trying to procrastinate from studying for exams so I sort of have time right now!

    May 17, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Space Adventure: The Star Guantlet

    Hey! I'm here as requested, to take a look at the story. So you've got a premise here that you can have a lot of fun with, and plenty of ...

    May 17, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Aaaand, seven years later, I've critiqued it here . Apologies for the delay. It's the end of the uni year so work has kind of been killing me slowly. Anyone ...

    May 16, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Ghosts

    Um, omg, I'm sorry it's taken me such a disgustingly long time to get back to you. I didn't check my critique thread till a week or so ago and ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Art and Real-Life

    Hypocrit > Wow. I disagree with pretty much everything you've said. I don't think half — actually, most — of the things you listed are forms of art at all. ...

    May 3, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Imposter!

    There was a Goosebumps episode like this.

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Are you afraid of the mods?

    I am afraid of Nate because he is a killer robot. With LASERS. I can't say more.

    Apr 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Is "clear his/her name" a cliche phrase?

    I think that's fine. Better to use that (cliche) phrase then try to find a long-winded pseudo-original way to say it.

    Apr 25, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Hey! Welcome to YWS! I just wanted to make a quick note of our really extensive collection of articles that talk about grammar and word use and stuff like that. ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What is your favorite atribute in a charcater?

    I'm a sucker for tragic characters and downward spirals. Not angst or whiny ones but people who are deeply flawed and (somewhat) well intentioned and find themselves hopelessly spiralling out ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Mrs. Brown

    Hey. First of all, you don't need to keep bumping your thread up: people will read it eventually and start commenting. Just give them some time. (Also, the multiple posts ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: "Witch" Chapter 1 EDITED

    Hey. So a couple of things to start off with. Dialogue punctuation. Learn it, love it, use it. I can't stress how absolutely imperative it is to know this stuff, ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Venolf War - Chapters 1 - 6

    Welcome to YWS! Like Mars said, there's a 2:1 review ratio here. Spread the love! Review other people's works and put yourself out there. The other thing is, and this ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Saved

    So here goes: Know your commas! You use commas sometimes where they shouldn't be and omit them when they are needed. So, quick review: commas are pretty much the syntax-equivalent ...

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: sensitive lovers

    Okay. So a couple of things. First up, there's a 2:1 review ratio at YWS and it's generally recommended that before you start posting your stuff, you go around some ...

    Apr 21, 2009


the crickets are humongous
— snapshot