User avatar

smaur

  • Randomosity Re: Whedon Fans.

    Being a rabid Whedon fan, I'd definitely join — my only concern is, what would we do? Discuss episodes? Write fanfiction? Somethign else entirely? I'm not impartial to either idea, ...

    Feb 13, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Wraith

    ...so. This was written for Nanowrimo 2005, an overly epic saga of late nights and too much caffeine. As a result, it obviously needs tons and tons of editing, and ...

    Feb 7, 2006
  • Storybook Basics Re: Storybook RPG: Guidelines

    Okay, Griffinkeeper asked me to re-post this in the Storybooks thread. If you're in this forum, you're probably already familiar with the YWS style of storybook; hopefully, we'll now be ...

    Feb 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Poor Spelling Sucks

    Ugh, bad spelling. Thanks for pointing out why it sucks. With a dozen (or more) different spell-checking tools that can be found both online and offline, people have even less ...

    Feb 5, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Redwall lover!

    Can someone please tell me what the Redwall series is about? Redwall is about a bunch of cute little animals who live in a monastary and like to eat lots ...

    Feb 5, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The calling of one being (rated for Language)

    Yeah, I second Shadowdancer on this one ... there are teachers who want that level of familiarity with their students, for whatever reason, and therefore allow/request students to call them ...

    Feb 5, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The calling of one being (rated for Language)

    Okay, bear in mind that everything I have to say pertains to the first post. I haven't yet read anything past the original installment. ...right. On to the story. This ...

    Feb 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: TV Show : Smallville and House

    Ew, Smallville. Yeah, I watch Smallville. (Ah, I remember the days when it was actually sort of good...) And I've got the occasional episode of "House". But, to be fair, ...

    Feb 4, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Of Lavender and Shooting Stars

    Oh, this is gorgeously written. There are a couple of grammatical errors (it's the commas; they're the kiss of death, or something close enough) and a few words/sentences that jar ...

    Feb 2, 2006
  • Research Re: Value of Writing Clubs

    Would you attend one if it was avaible at a community centre or library? Maybe. We do have a youth writing club of sorts -- or, we did (I'm not ...

    Jan 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Drizzle

    I know I should have, but it was NaNoWriMo and I was trying to get at least 1667 words a day, and that bit wasn't even 1667 words. Then the ...

    Jan 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Drizzle

    Oh ... wait, one more thing that I completely didn't notice the first time. Wearing that dark, shapeless coat, the person could be male of female, but the long golden ...

    Jan 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Um... (peeking over shoulder)

    4. Password Protect your work: this only works after you finish. Still it keeps nosy parents out. For most word-processing programs (or the main ones, i.e. Word and Wordperfect), you ...

    Jan 29, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Drizzle

    First of all -- yay, Nanowrimo! (You beat me to posting my Nanowrimo story.) More people should do this. (Nanowrimo, that is, although more people should probably post their stories ...

    Jan 29, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Asher

    Just to preface my obscenely long critique: this is a great story, with tons of potential, and you're an amazing writer. I'm not the best judge when it comes to ...

    Jan 29, 2006


Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown