User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: Steam Punk

    From here: Steampunk is a subgenre of speculative fiction, usually set in an anachronistic Victorian or quasi-Victorian alternate history setting. It could be described by the slogan "What the past ...

    Mar 1, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Best Movie of 2005

    P.S. the Oscars are on Sunday. I'm rooting for Howl's Moving Castle, although of course no one else's ever heard of it ...

    Mar 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Steam Punk

    Well, duh.

    Mar 1, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Best Movie of 2005

    I've only seen a couple of movies from here, so when I say Brokeback Mountain is the best movie, I'm actually not taking into account Crash which (I'm told) is ...

    Mar 1, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    I'm not sure if anyone's heard of this, but Nanoedmo's been around for (almost) as long as Nanowrimo. It stands for "National Novel Editing Month" — it's in March (i.e. ...

    Feb 27, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Publish YOURSELF!?

    Karma >> No, I'm pretty sure they don't (take advantage of you, that is) — I've actually never used it, but from the tons of people on the Nanowrimo boards ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Publish YOURSELF!?

    Yes, but self-publishing has its own set of problems, and is rarely as effective (or lucrative) as publishing via established publishers.

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    This book is so very overrated. Yes, it's a great story and a fun read. Yes, the fact verses fiction combined with a blending of various mythologies and philosophies and ...

    Feb 25, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Why Yahoo Rocks My Socks, and Google is Boogle

    No! Blasphemy!

    Feb 24, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: Emily Dickinson

    When you say "hyphen" do you mean, well, a hyphen, or an em dash? Because they're two very different punctuation marks (but very similar in appearance). Just so you know ...

    Feb 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Idea Help, Please

    Well, the best place to go for this sort of thing is Nanowrimo . If you've never heard of it — basically, every November, thousands of writers from all over ...

    Feb 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: how do i draw the reader in...?

    There's no bona fide way to get people to love your story, sad but true. I for one resent cliffhangers with a fiercely burning passion — it's a cheap gimmick, ...

    Feb 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: GAH! I hate this sentence!

    "Small peridot butterflies were woven in her blonde hair, which was in a loose braid, and she wore an elegant light green dress." Hmm. A couple of things here. First ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: my response to griffinkeepers PM/ goodbye

    Wow. Snoink's crit was nicer than mine, and she gets more insults? ...I feel so left out. *cries*

    Feb 18, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Shadow (1, 2 and 3)

    ...well, I ended up writing this critique sooner than I thought I would. Blame it on Snoink. ;) Speaking of which ... if our critiques overlap, it's because we were ...

    Feb 16, 2006


i wouldn't mess with me if i were you, pal. i have 66 followers on yws!
— riprxnin