User avatar

smaur

  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Well — I suppose I'd eat some humans. It's been a long time, you know, and I'm getting somewhat hungry. [Cale, from an epic unnamed project] How do you want ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just finished Bel Canto , by Ann Pratchett. *sigh* Gorgeous book. I have a stack of books to read (and a neverending book list) — The Battle of the Sexes ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Well, if YWS enabled HTML, I'd be able to show you the progress bar I made. (Actually, if you know rudimentary HTML, I might be able to show you how ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Wraith

    - Chapter Two - /1 He brings her soup in the morning. He's poured over the instructions, read them twice, and still it tastes too watery. But it's hot, and ...

    Mar 15, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Um, honey, I'm a fucking demon . I've done a lot more than kissing. [Cal, Wraith .] Would you sell your soul to the devil? (Or to me, for that ...

    Mar 14, 2006
  • Lyrics Re: Ode to the TI-89.

    Oh ... god. (I knew it was either Snoink or Griffinkeeper — I knew it.) Is it scary that I can hear the tune in my head?

    Mar 14, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    ... argh. I've only done five hours of editing. Forty-five more to go. On the bright side, chapter one is more or less edited (for now, anyway) and I can ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Wraith

    Thanks for the feedback, guys. (Especially Griffinkeeper — wow, your constructive criticism is more thorough and insightful than anything I've ever read before.) Chapter unos has been revamped; some

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is this too much like Harry Potter

    See, the thing is that at some point, someone somewhere will always compare you to another writer. No matter how well you write, no matter how amazing and fresh and ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Into the Mind

    Hee hee. I love you guys. À la Demons and Angels, I'm not going to crit this, but more or less ramble on and on about things that I thought ...

    Mar 12, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Demons and Angels

    Okay, here we go. I'm not going to crit this, because I'm horrifically biased on all things Wraith -related. (Plus — dood. Fanfic for my story . Too flattered to ...

    Mar 12, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Demons and Angels

    !!! You already know how much I freaking adore this, but when it's not 1:30(ish) in the morning, I'll try and write a coherently incoherent rambling review of why exactly ...

    Mar 10, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: me

    Guys? You know Gollum is better than all of them, right? *cough* In all seriousness (:roll:), Anakin Skywalker sucked. Darth Vader was good ... and then the prequels happened, and ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Okay, here's part one of Smaur's long and incoherently rambling list of favourite fantasy writers. Yes, that's right — part one . For the sake of length (ha ha, yeah ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Archive Re: The Dragon-Slayers?

    Question for Griffinkeeper: Do all of the writers have to play characters from the band of mistaken dragon-slayers? ... also: I'll post here as soon as I get cracking on ...

    Mar 7, 2006


“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken