User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: Fantasy Writers, unite!

    Ahahaa. They had a link to this in the Nanowrimo forums. (This is why you must all join Nanowrimo! *cough*) And, umm, I answered "no" to everything. I obviously rule. ...

    Mar 24, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: jack be nimble

    You haven't? Well. I like it. :D Thanks. :) ... I did just edit the ending right now — or at least, the part that Firestarter indicated needed fixing. I'm ...

    Mar 23, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Ah, crap. I don't think I'll be able to clock 42 hours with the remaining two weeks — not because it isn't possible on its own (in fact, it very ...

    Mar 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How much dialouge is too much?

    What Griffinkeeper said. Although ... I'd only include the relevent dialogue. If there is something serious being discussed, but then the topic changes to something less serious for the rest ...

    Mar 21, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: jack be nimble

    Oh, wow. I'm flattered. You must have edited the ending, because it in no way fell flat. Hee hee. No, I've yet to fix it. I'll probably take a crack ...

    Mar 21, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: jack be nimble

    Snoink >> Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that the ending needs work, so I'll poke around at it a little. I do intend to give the death sequence ...

    Mar 20, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The DaVinci Code

    In terms of Dan Brown's questionable literary merit, I'd rather like to point everyone in the direction of this little article . *cough* Yeah, that's all.

    Mar 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: jack be nimble

    Thanks, all. And, yay, I get a hug! "This is my fiancé," you said. Wait ... wouldn't it be fiancee (with the accent, of course) if we're talking about the ...

    Mar 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: jack be nimble

    jack be nimble - smaur - When you first kissed me, we were strangers in a subway station. The world took form beneath the shape of your lips, your slender ...

    Mar 19, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: A Vampire Romance

    Okay, your first paragraph: Vampire…that’s what he was…a bloody vampire, the leader of them all in fact. William Jade swirled the remains of blood in his glass and drank the ...

    Mar 18, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Mechanics

    The idea behind this is (albeit kinda cliché) very sweet. You've chosen to write about some very squeamish topics and explore some very interesting themes. But I also think this ...

    Mar 16, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    I've only done about 30mins of editting so far. ... and suddenly I feel reassured about my crappy eight hours ... ;)

    Mar 16, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Bound for Glory: Our Brethren

    Okay, here goes! I'm sorry it took so long for me to get this together. I suck. :roll: I'm not going to critique the historical accuracy, because my knowledge of ...

    Mar 16, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    Hmm. HTML course, eh? Okay, this is what you do. Copy and paste the following code into a Notepad document: .prog-border { height: 15px; width: 205px; background: #fff; border: 1px ...

    Mar 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just finished a retelling of Snow White, called Snow by Tracy Lynn. It was good; nothing spectacular, but it suited my purpose (entertainment). !!! You have to be the only ...

    Mar 15, 2006


Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data