User avatar

smaur

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Greek Ramble

    Er, what Adam101 and Dammerung said. This is way too rushed, to the extent that the reader isn't able to form a clear picture of the scene. You've glossed over ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Slide show

    Let's take a look at the first couple of paragraphs: Sara looked around her room. In terms of opening lines, this does not entice me to read further. It's not ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Gossip...it will cause your ruin (Continued)

    Stuff you should keep in mind: - Formatting. Egads, people. It's really very simple. Crayon said it, too — space your paragraphs properly and more people will be willing to ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Into the Mind

    A mixture of creeping and interesting. Hurray! Some notes: - Azure. Heheh. I can't help but picture him spangled in glittery blue sequins. ;) The demon is delightfully eccentric and ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Demons and Angels

    I will make various exclamatory incoherent noises and wild hand gestures because this is so much freaking better than Wraith . I'm not going to critique this, or fishr's story ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roping Dolls

    Lol, Crys, I almost feel apologetic for sending you all of that...I meant to break it up. Hmm. If I could only learn how to *edit* posts... Upper right-hand corner ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Belliveau

    First paragraph: “You know I only want the best for you” he said with a guilty conscience. There should be a comma after "you", before the end of the quotation ...

    Mar 26, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rereading books

    Éloeré >> Succinct and articulate. You summed it up pretty much perfectly. Thanks.

    Mar 26, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Nate Needs Your Help!

    Bumping this so it'll land on the "Recent Topics" and hopefully people won't forget. :P My memory is horrible, but I'll click every week if (when?) I remember.

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Wraith

    Okay! Thanks, guys, for reading it (or not reading it, as the case may be :P ... bookworm_9867 — perhaps you could elaborate on why it was confusing/boring?) despite my ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Section that needs mood help!

    Help, you say? :twisted: Well, then, here goes ... First of all — the storm. We don't have the preceding passages, so I'm wondering; do you describe the storm before ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: letters from your characters

    Something from the Nanowrimo forums. If your characters could vent at you in letter form, what would they say? ETA: Poor Imp made a good point. They don't all have ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: May I have a moment of your time?

    My dear, there's always the distinct possibility that the writing won't work out. I'm not saying you're a bad writer; I'm saying it's a cutthroat industry and it's not always ...

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Fantasy Writers, unite!

    smaur - I obviously rule. - Didn't we go over this already. :D We did? ... wait, so do I rule? *glee*

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Fantasy Writers, unite!

    Rei >> It is geared towards high fantasy — but then again, high fantasy is the subgenre most teeming with clichés. The point of the exam isn't so much a ...

    Mar 24, 2006


“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables