User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: Chat This Sunday, April 30, @ 3 pm EDT

    Okay, it's not the time shown on the YWS time/date bar. And for anyone who needs to know when exactly 3 pm EDT is, have a link .

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Chat This Sunday, April 30, @ 3 pm EDT

    EDT = the time on YWS's time/date bar thingummy?

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Some Minor Changes, or 120 SmIlIES!!??

    Holy elephant on a unicycle! There's strikeout! And emoticons! And I'm talking in exclamation marks! AHHH! This is so awesome. :smt040 *glee*

    Apr 23, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: WarthogDemon Has Returned

    I've decided to come back too...I'm "Tolkien is my Idol" from TYWC, in all my n00b glory days (because that was obv. a dumb name). Holy crap ... I remember ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: India/Pakistan/Other middle eastern countries...

    Names in India and Pakistan: they're not always Arabic. Nor are they always Hindi, or influenced by Urdu/Persian/[insert-language-here]. Religion tends to have a heavy influence in surnames (and first

    Apr 16, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: "Writing Challenge 4/03" Wind Spirits

    Ahh! You revised the story! *panics* Oh well, that's what I get for taking so long to critique. :P Um. I should warn you that my critique kind of overlaps ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Two days late...

    Hey, fallingstar — welcome to YWS. Like Poor Imp, I've read your story, but haven't managed to comment yet. I'm behind on my critiques (I have three or four lying ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    smaur - n. - smôr 1. a great godly being with an enormous appetite for cookies 2. not you 3. a geeky nitpicky pseudo-perfectionist 4. a resistant strain of bird ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: what do you want in a critique?

    So — let's talk feedback. You post a story. What kind of response do you want? Do you want people to analyze your characters? Do you want grammatical errors fixed? ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Questions and Answers Re: Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

    What on earth is SPEW? I keep hearing about it all over the place, and it's kinda driving me nuts.

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: WarthogDemon Has Returned

    Yay, Warty! Um. Welcome. Post things. Be happy. I do miss TYWC, though ...

    Apr 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Writing Parable

    Oh my...we certainly don't have any superflous people here , do we? What? Of course not. We YWSers are a clear, concise bunch ... Griffinkeeper: You get lots and lots ...

    Apr 12, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: THE BESTEST STORY EVVAR!!!!!!

    Soccietty? 2 ... mmanyy ... sillabyles .... omg i rule 4ever!!!1

    Apr 12, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Yet another newbie!

    Hey! Welcome to YWS. Writer's Digest has spawned a whole new generation of us, hasn't it? Um. There's a fanfic forum if you're still into that sort of thing. It's ...

    Apr 7, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Yay, Perks of Being a Wallflower ! ... okay, right now? I just finished re-reading V For Vendetta , by Alan Moore, which is (thank goodness) five hundred times better ...

    Apr 7, 2006


History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte