User avatar

smaur

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: End Of The Witches

    I think my first recommendation to you would be to read extensively on the Salem witch trials -- read about the victims and the perpetuators, and the circumstances that surrounded ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Possessing Maya - OLD

    I found myself enjoying this story a lot, particularly because you have some clever ideas and neat mythology packed into it. I'm also a bit of sucker for family betrayal, ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: One Thousand One Maidens: Part 1

    It's hard to tell whether this is the first chapter of a longer work or the first half of a short(ish) story or something similar. No matter what the case ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Paragon, Pro.

    I tend to advocate against prologues, mainly because the majority of them are superfluous and kind of dull. This prologue is not particularly an exception to that rule. The first ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: My Heart Pumps Diesel

    I love your title and enjoyed your occasional nods to Doctor Who-related things, but I found this piece to be all over the place and incoherent. I am all for ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Countdown

    So I didn't love this, which is a pity because it has lots of my favourite sci-fi flavours, and some really pretty writing to boot. The starred text drove me ...

    Jul 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    Tossed in a semi-recent blog entry, got David Foster Wallace (who is this?). David Foster Wallace is the brilliant albeit dense writer of Brief Interviews with Hideous Men and (more ...

    Jul 17, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Which Famous Writer Do You Write Like?

    In case you haven't seen it already, there's a ridiculous new gadget circling the internuts: I Write Like Copy & paste an excerpt of your writing and it will tell ...

    Jul 17, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Introducing a TYWC refugee.

    Kitty15/Babanuuk > Whaaaat, there's a TYWC usergroup?

    Jul 4, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing, how do you get there?

    (1) Make your novel fantastic. I'm sure it's great already, but shop it around to various people whose criticisms you trust. And who will be honest , and critical — ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Blimey! YWS Has Gone British!

    Okay, seriously, how is Don Mills on this list?! It's barely a place!

    Jun 19, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Need Help for Sci-Fi story!

    1) Can you think of any cool sci-fi fan user names? So far I've only got LaserPhaser22 and 0solarflair0. Everything else sucks so I need something else XD Um, as ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Fragile Little Things Ch. 1

    Hey! I'm just dropping by mid-exam study and I just wanted to quickly(ish) mention a couple of logic things that were bugging me about this story. 1. Commissioner's assistant - ...

    May 21, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Okay, done! Anyone want anything else critiqued?

    May 21, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Nightly Terrors

    Hullo, there! Here as requested. I'm going to go through the nitpicky things first and then talk about one or two (or maybe just one) of the issues I had ...

    May 21, 2009


Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale