User avatar

smaur

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello all

    Hey! Welcome to YWS. We love our artists; there's an art section if you ever want to post some of your work. If you have any questions, don't hestitate to ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Battlestar Galactica

    Bumping this thread so I can rant and rave about BSG when I have a wee bit more time. Otherwise >> Love love love the new show. I've never seen ...

    May 10, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Salve

    Dude . Quoting Latin instantly earns you brownie points. Also >> which Trek? On an ungeeky(ish) note: welcome to YWS. :)

    May 10, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I just put down the book I was reading and picked up New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (Advanced Reader's Copy in Stores October 2006). Oh, yay — I love advance ...

    May 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: 'Opal Mehta' debacle

    So you've all probably heard this enough times to make you nauseous, but ... just in case you haven't: The author of the "Opal Mehta" book plagiarized. Majorly. She was ...

    May 7, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Am I the only one who is in love with adult romances?

    I will (and do) read any genre, and that includes romance/chick lit. Which means, yes, I've read those crappy Harlequin novels, and enough chick lit to keep me over-fluffed well ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Random Tips Addition, or 101 Ways To Skin A Cat

    "Read. A lot."

    May 4, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: YWS Needs A Mascot!

    Pat Buchanan, duh.

    May 2, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Do Good Grades Really Matter?

    good grades = teacher's who like you Hee hee. In my experience — not always true.

    May 2, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Nate's Two Thousand Posts Party!

    Pigs are all well and good, but you need to break out the big guns ... :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Chat This Sunday, April 30, @ 3 pm EDT

    Ten more minutes!

    Apr 30, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: No-one does these anymore ...

    Fear not! I just so happen to have [s]a few cases of beer[/s] nice healthy underage non-caffeinated beverages stashed in my basement.

    Apr 30, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Chat This Sunday, April 30, @ 3 pm EDT

    Also.. um.. why, exactly? Is it just to see how many peeps we can get on in one time? To watch the joys of peer pressure, I think. Because, yay! ...

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: wanna read some writing and become friends

    All you really have to do is jump in. Post a few comments and then post a piece of your own writing. Then start to get involved in the lounge ...

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I just finished Juliet Marillier's Son of the Shadows , despite the incredible urge to crack it against a wall. Ugh. Right now, I'm going to start They Came to ...

    Apr 29, 2006


Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson