User avatar

smaur

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Keeping The Green

    Heh, thank you both. I'm glad you liked it! ps: how long did this take? Hmm. I started on the 14th and finished on the 21st, so technically it took ...

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Jane Austen's Emma and The Virgin Suicides . Possibly a handful of others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Andy (Nature's Inexorable Imperative)

    Oh, this is so gorgeous and lush and adfkjdf. You mixed poetic and literary with a genre that sees too little of that — you experimented with sci-fi and I ...

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Dictionary.com sold out! Now what?? I need new writing tool

    I'm still going to use when I need it, mostly because I've been to worse sites, and their site(s) is/are still pretty accessible. Despite the clutter. But is probably your ...

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: On the Evils of Description

    I concede to Smaur. [s]Everyone always does[/s]. I MEAN. Um. Look, behind you! A tree!

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: BEARISH!

    Bear hug: 3, Bearish: 0. Obviously, we're the winning team. :P

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Avoid Sex Scenes

    Yes, fade-out is an option, but there are non-kinky, realistic sex scenes out there. Well-written ones. And, yes, there are sex scenes in literary works . (Good literary works, at ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: BEARISH!

    *twitch*

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Calvin & Hobbes Comic Strip On Writing

    Hah ... I'm sure Miss Wormwood will LOVE that.

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: On the Evils of Description

    To a certain degree, I agree with you. ...but only to a certain degree. Weighty description is unnecessary in ACTION SEQUENCES. Or the majority of action sequences, if your intention ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Technology Kills.

    That's why I always write long posts in Word :). That's why I always write any entry — long or short — in Notepad. :) For me, using the computer ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: D is for Diction

    1. This was awesome. 2. You were totally on the mark with this. 3. Oh god, now I have the exceedindly unpleasant visual of plaid + stripes matched together.

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Keeping The Green

    Thanks, guys! :D Quote: Elanna watched through a small grimy window as her planet dwindled to a speck, as the sun — raging chaos in saffron and scarlet, that savage ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Your Daily Dose of Enlightenment

    When I was a wee smaurling, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I had an epiphany. I am NOT going to be the best writer of my time. More importantly — ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: ONYX

    Okay. Before I plunge into this critique, I should let you know that it might be a bit silly at times, but it's all well-intentioned. You've got an interesting premise, ...

    Aug 21, 2006


Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman