User avatar

smaur

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Question... Novella vs. Novellete

    They're synonymous.

    Aug 31, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: HUGO WINNERS!

    Wow, I make up the 2.5 people that actually care. Teeheehee, smaur are you the .5? I always thought I made up the 1.5 of the 2.5. :P (I could've ...

    Aug 30, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: HUGO WINNERS!

    Oh, it's not a HUGO, it's a Hugo. No caps. I was just, um, unnecessarily excited. Our buddy Wiki says this: The Hugo Award is given every year for the ...

    Aug 30, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: HUGO WINNERS!

    To the three people who give a crap (okay, 2.5 people) — a list of the Hugo winners ! Also, the very awesome John Scalzi talks about it in a ...

    Aug 30, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Newbie here!

    Hey! Welcome to YWS. Don't mind the crazy people; they're secretly very fluffy and nice. Have a cookie!

    Aug 29, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Where do you get your ideas from?

    So at some point, the majority of people who write stories are asked this question, and the majority of this majority can't really explain where they get ideas for stories. ...

    Aug 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Not Some Hitchcock Geese

    Hah! Wash's geese-juggling thing, of course. Was that from one of the episodes with Saffron/Yolanda/whatever, or am I crazy?

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: *stabs debate forum*

    Yeah, I think I'm going to sacrifice a kitten in honour of the wonderous debate forum. The spelling/grammar always makes me sob.

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Keeping The Green

    [Double posts are made of suck.]

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Keeping The Green

    :D Danke muchly.

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Why YWS Was Shutdown

    See, we secretly love your sheer awesomeness and expect that, with your chimptastic telepathic abilities, you can hear our very loud gratitude. Your telepathic abilities seem to be kinda wonky ...

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Enjoy Your Geek Moments

    Stop complaining about school so much and frolic in your adolescence! Yay! Finally someone says it. I believe the words I am searching for are: holy monkey on a unicycle, ...

    Aug 28, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Pluto fights back!

    Embrace your neighbourhood non-planet , folks.

    Aug 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to critique poetry

    Okay, I don't critique poetry, but I do critique fiction line-by-line. And yes, it's a quid-pro-quo thing, although not quite the way you meant it. I critique that way because ...

    Aug 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writely

    Oooh. It's very pretty. I'm kind of tempted to use it, but Wordpad's been good to me so far...

    Aug 25, 2006


A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain