User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: Being a successful writer

    Ray Bradbury dropped out of high school.

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Critiquing Critiques

    I'm a little more hesitant to say that, lol, mostly because that arguing, if done constructively, can help the writer immensely. Arguing doesn't have to be of anger, and by ...

    Nov 30, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Get Ready, Because Here It Comes!

    Hahah. I prepared for Nanowrimo by going to a Halloween party.

    Nov 2, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your wordcount!

    Brag about how high it is, complain about how low it is, promise us it'll get higher — how many words do you have so far? To start us off: ...

    Nov 2, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Excerpts from Evacuation Earth

    Eh, wait, excerpts already? (Okay, okay, I didn't even read them, I'm sorry.) Aren't you supposed to wait until November to start that? You might want to read the dates ...

    Oct 29, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    How do you start? I've always hated beginnings. I need a good beginning to be motivated to keep going. At least, a beginning that makes me interested. Granted, this sometimes ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

    *Is looking frantically for all the tips she can find* Word wars are your FRIENDS. Basically, there's a thread in the forums (usually in "Reaching 50,000") in November where people ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Losing interest?

    This is what I do: I don't plan. ... until a couple of days before Nanowrimo. I let myself do little things, like think up character names (sometimes; not always), ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    I'm still curious — what exactly would you do with an LJ (or any blog) for your nano? This is getting a wee bit tangential, but since I have forty ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: anyone attending regional Nano events?

    Okay, so most areas have a regional lounge, especially in Canada and the U.S., where all the people in your area hang out and talk and organize nifty get-togethers. So ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Genres?

    For fantasy and sci-fi especially, genres don't really give you a clear impression of what the book entails. Mystery, for example, follows a pretty specific formula. So does romance. But ...

    Oct 26, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoEdMo?

    For a lot of people, NaNoFiMo isn't something they set out to do. Which is to say, they go for 50 000 words in Nanowrimo and then (for whatever reason) ...

    Oct 26, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Quote of the Week

    Haha. I figured last week's quote was a potentially touchy one. ;)

    Oct 21, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: The YWS Interview With Tamora Pierce

    And this is one of the five jillion reasons you win at life, Nate. That aside: I like the interview. A lot. Good stuff. :)

    Oct 21, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Education of a Writer

    Yeah, I've been more or less harbouring the same sentiment for a long time. Plus: an English major means nothing now, if it ever did before. Or it doesn't really ...

    Oct 21, 2006


I AM ONE WITH MUSHROOMS
— inksthewriter