User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: So who got a snow day today?

    So, it's more like a freezing rain day. (Snow days? Don't happen.) But the point is — no school! And that's really all that matters.

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: New Site Administrator

    YAY MESH. I can bribe you with kittens and shiny things, so this is Good News!

    Jan 14, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: the nine lives of allen grey [r]

    Heheh, okay. Also: I've majorly revamped some of the phrasing in the story (not really "majorly revamped," but it feels like that at five o'clock in the morning). Also bumped ...

    Jan 13, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Sufjan Stevens?

    Listening to "Chicago" right now.

    Jan 13, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Faithful

    Okay. I read this — all of it. I was a little surprised to find myself disappointed when the story was over. Despite its length, despite the clichés (plain girl, ...

    Jan 10, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: the nine lives of allen grey [r]

    I liked this. I found well scanning through pieces, so if your piece has already been graded let us know. I did notice you seemed to go in reverse. Even ...

    Jan 10, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: the nine lives of allen grey [r]

    bubblewrapped >> Yay, you liked it! :) Snoink >> Heh, this isn't the Red Riding Hood story. That one lies on my hard drive awaiting a major editorial overhaul, or ...

    Jan 9, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Forum Changes

    A new forum, called Writers Corner will be added. This forum is for posting updates on your progress regarding a story your writing, your book, query letters, and whatever else ...

    Jan 9, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: the nine lives of allen grey [r]

    the nine lives of allen grey 1. The ninth is a suicide. Again. Jumped off a roof and plummeted to his death. No relatives, no friends, nothing. They cremate his ...

    Jan 9, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Prolonging Romance?

    I ditto Snoink re: the classic misunderstanding scenario, and not doing it. I hate the misunderstanding thingy. If these two people really like/love each other, they should be able to, ...

    Jan 5, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Praise vs. Encouragement

    To add my $0.02 to this whole "why should I be positive?" thing: I don't understand why there is a "should" and "shouldn't". I think if people want to critique ...

    Dec 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sticking With a Story Until the End or Taking a Break?

    I have to get through one at a time. Even if I hate myself every moment of the way. If I take a break from the story, I know I'll ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Taking Age Into Account When Reviewing

    I don't entirely agree with this, mostly because when I was writing in that preteen stage, it frustrated me when people responded like that. And, yeah, it still bothers me. ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Being a successful writer

    Correction: He dropped out after high school. That wasn't very clear, sorry.

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Query Letter

    If you're interested in writing an articulate and engaging query letter, check out Evil Editor and Miss Snark , both of whom critique query letters on a regular basis. (And ...

    Dec 3, 2006


Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack