User avatar

smaur

  • Lounge, The Re: A change in YWS?

    I dunno, man. I'm kind of glad the chat's gone. This kid named Snoink (I don't think you know her) kept talking to me. It was CRAZY.

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Report A Site Bug

    I don't know if this necessarily qualifies as a bug, but it sure feels like it: In the "Stories & Poems" section on the front page, where the newest fiction ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Round of Applause for Areida

    Congrats on getting into West Point, Ari, and good luck with next year! It'll be a blast for sure. : )

    May 28, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Doctor Who vs. Battlestar Galatica

    Name one Deus Ex Machina from new season? It's all pretty well explained. Rose was one big flaming deus ex machina in "The Parting of Ways". The magical switch that ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Doctor Who vs. Battlestar Galatica

    Notice what came back . And has gained pop culture from just 1 new season. So yeh Dr Who :p. Actually ... both of them came back. And BSG keeps ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: spaceman in the sky

    ...and I'm probably going to change the title. Just not sure what it'll be, yet.

    May 27, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: spaceman in the sky

    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been out of town for most of the past two weeks. Conrad Rice >> Thanks, first of all, for the nice ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: spaceman in the sky

    spaceman in the sky In the distance, someone is dying. Someone is dying and there is fire raining down on all sides and the metal hulk of the ship is ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Steel Speech - 1

    Hi! I'm just going to jump into the story. I'll say this, though: if you have any questions or comments or need me to clarify things, let me know and ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Serpent Crown--on the backburner

    I like a lot of aspects of this. You construct the story very well; the dialogue is engaging and the characters are interesting albeit occasionally stereotypical. (I'll get to that ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: May 2008 Updates Thread

    That new groups page looks pretty. Really really really pretty. You rock, Nate. : )

    May 15, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: SHIFT, SHAPE. SHIFT!

    I liked this. A lot. I think it's the little touches to the story, like certain sentences that just fit together really well in the narrative: I am no-one. And ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: how not to get published

    This guys insane. There's more than one publishing company, guy! You don't harrass one that tells you no! Apparently, this guy had sent a similar response to a number of ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: how not to get published

    Or, how to anger the writing/publishing community at large: (I thought this would be vaguely amusing/horrifying for some of you.)

    May 5, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNo Blues

    Not so much the "blues", but ... I think I have to throw in the towel now. I'm way too behind on my wordcount, which wouldn't ordinarily be an issue. ...

    Nov 17, 2007


Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy