User avatar

smaur

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Elves are Coming

    I hate to be the person who just agrees with everyone else, but I think a lot of other people have already made the point that I want to: you've ...

    Jan 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Prologue - Orilie Davis

    Hey! Sorry it took a little while to get this together, but I've read this a couple of times and tried to go over all of the things that are ...

    Jan 25, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Slumdog Millionaire?!

    I have yet to meet a single person who didn't love this. Including myself. A little too cheesy at times, but definitely awesome.

    Jan 24, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

    Benjamin Button was okay, even good, but definitely underwhelming. It's obvious that the writer who wrote this also wrote Forrest Gump, because he borrows plot devices from it. A lot. ...

    Jan 24, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    ...and I'm done RGallagher's critique, which means that if anyone is looking for a review, I'm wide open.

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Stop and Smell the Roses (New Version!)

    So here's the thing. I'm not entirely sure what the point of this story is. Which is to say, how do you want your readers to react throughout the story? ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Hokay. I just wrote Snoink's critique. RGallagher, you're next! : )

    Jan 15, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Pandora's Box

    So this is beautiful and yes, definitely a step away from your other writing; it's definitely more abstract(ish) than most of your other work, and there's a lyrical flow that ...

    Jan 15, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    You probably don't know who I am. That's fair. I haven't been actively active on this site in ... ohh, about two years. But when I was, I critiqued. My ...

    Jan 14, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Who else really doesn't care if all art is propaganda?

    Foiled again. Why don't any of you think Quote of the Year is a good idea? I was actually hoping to make it Quote of the Century, but you obviously ...

    Jan 8, 2009
  • NovMo Archives Re: we came, we wrote, we failed

    I guess I should explain. I have 47 000 words to write in the next six days, and I am working basically every one of those days for almost the ...

    Nov 25, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: we came, we wrote, we failed

    To all of us who didn't make it: what happened? What went wrong? Bask in our collective failure!

    Nov 24, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: 20 minute word wars

    Start in five minutes?

    Nov 3, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: 20 minute word wars

    Is anyone up for a twenty-minute word war? I'm desperately behind on my wordcount and the Nanowrimo site is being terribly slow. In case any of yous don't know what ...

    Nov 3, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your first NaNoWriMo sentence!

    When Aubrey was eight, she caught a soul in a jar. (Which is technically cheating, because I wrote that line last February. Oh well.)

    Nov 3, 2008


Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White