User avatar

smaur

  • Writing Tips Re: Best Piece of Advice

    This really helped me about ten or so years ago: Make time to write. Especially the busier your life gets — you keep making excuses and keep promising yourself that ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Tell Us The Last Thing You Said Out Loud

    "Asdlkfjjk." Hangovers suck.

    Feb 28, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Am I still a writer if I lost my USB with my story on it????

    That's the worst. : ( I think awful things like this made me start backing-up obsessively. Anyway, welcome to YWS! If you rewrite the story and post it here, at ...

    Feb 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: ugh help me please

    - Change the POV? If it's from one character, do it from another; if you're telling it in first person, change it to third person. - I don't know if ...

    Feb 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: School -- 1958 vs. 2008

    This is ... painfully extreme and overly simplistic.

    Feb 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

    I'm not gonna lie, I think this is pretty much the best thing ever. Zombies + anything = awesome. Victorian zombies + Jane Austen = seriously awesome. The book is ...

    Feb 13, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

    I kid you not. In the immortal words of the internet: lulz.

    Feb 12, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Authonomy

    Avoid debt? I always figured writers wrote because they were knee-deep in debt and writing stories was the only way they could convince their creditors not to sell off their ...

    Feb 4, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Mr. Darcy or Mr. Cullen?

    Man, Darcy doesn't need a team. He's pretty much got the whole straight female population of the universe on his side.

    Feb 2, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Mr. Darcy or Mr. Cullen?

    Mr. Darcy doesn't watch me sleep. I'll take him.

    Jan 31, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dinner At Six

    Hey. Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, but here goes: I don't/can't buy that she "kills" him in any way. For a few reasons: (1) The light ...

    Jan 30, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    All clear! Anyone else?

    Jan 28, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dinner At Six

    Hey! I'm here, finally. So I like this. Or at least, I like what you're trying to do with this piece. I haven't read anything by you in a bit, ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The 1st Chapter of Paradox Parade - Heirlooms

    Hey! I'm here, critiquing as requested. You asked me to point out any questions that I might have throughout the story, but honestly, I don't think I have any yet. ...

    Jan 26, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Young Writers Society Testimonials.

    YWS has changed my life. Using this product has made me happier, healthier, wealthier, and more attractive to the opposite sex. The price is reasonable and the result is wonderful! ...

    Jan 26, 2009


Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda