User avatar

smaur

  • Writing Tips Re: I need some heroines!!!

    Mary Read and Anne Bonney were female pirates, which is kind of nifty (they were two of many, but they're pretty notorious, as far as notorious goes). Elizabeth I was ...

    Mar 25, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Critique Shop of Horrors

    Okay! So that took me a ridiculously long time because uni turned around and slugged me in the jaw, but I'm having a temporary lull so if anyone wants anything ...

    Mar 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Top Secret (Edited)

    Apologies for the belated review; I've had a lot of crap on my plate lately. (Er. Only not literally.) Your other reviewers seem to have covered a lot of ground; ...

    Mar 25, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Shooting games good?

    Shooting games are an easy scapegoat for bad parenting.

    Mar 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: from a disgraced bird

    Quick — critique 30 stories in the next ten minutes! Welcome back. : )

    Mar 21, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Facebook?

    I have one, but as a rule I don't add people unless I have met them or know them in some capacity in real life. It's kind of silly, but ...

    Mar 13, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Five Minute Writing Prompt #1

    This used to be a thing on the Nanowrimo forums — it's fun and short, and it gets the creative juices flowing. I post a word. You write something out ...

    Mar 11, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Dahlia >> I don't think people are sad/concerned that others dislike classics. If anything, that's kind of inevitable with any group of people. I think it's problematic though that people ...

    Mar 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Harassment: Good or Bad?

    So how do you guys feel about being harassed by friends/writers/both to keep on writing? Is it better if they ask about your progress? Does it help you? Does it ...

    Mar 10, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Summer is almost here!

    Spring > Summer. FACT.

    Mar 5, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Stats, Stats, Stats! 2008 v. 2007 & January 2009

    YWS Toronto for the win! :D

    Mar 5, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Only Speak in Song Titles

    You Make It Easy - Air

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Are you people kidding me? This is so unjust.

    Yes, but publishers use the inevitably large heaps of money that they get from projects like this (and Paris Hilton, and so forth) to support authors that they actually like, ...

    Mar 3, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Writing for a living: a job or a chore?

    [s]They're just trying to scare everyone off.[/s]

    Mar 3, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Only Speak in Song Titles

    Love is Evil - Architecture in Helsinki

    Mar 1, 2009


If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia