-
Re: "Recommend a TV Show" Thread!
Sorry, Nate. The best television show in history goes to The Wire , which is consistently phenomenal, heart-breaking, fantastic television. No other television show (with the almost-exception of The S
Aug 27, 2010 -
Re: A Gesture Among Five Strangers
Heh. I get the impulse to write a story completely for yourself, a notion which I 100% support, but once you've made the decision to show it to the public ...
Aug 24, 2010 -
Re: Looking for some advice on Comics
Hey, If you've never made a comic on your own, as you've sort of implied here, I would suggest practicing a lot before you seek publication. Start a webcomic, maybe. ...
Aug 24, 2010 -
Re: A Gesture Among Five Strangers
Hey, I suspect I don't need to tell you how much I like your writing, but I do. I think this is a very powerful idea, and I love this ...
Aug 23, 2010 -
Re: Does being on a "Twilight" soundtrack ruin a band/song?
Why would that ever ruin a band? A song may be spoiled for you personally, but that's very different. Lots of craptastic films have featured less-than-craptastic songs, and from what ...
Aug 21, 2010 -
Re: Boris and Yakov Part 1
Heh, I remember taking Writer's Craft. Good old Ontario high schools. This is a pretty solid piece. Some funny stuff -- I had lots of fun reading Boris & Yakov ...
Aug 13, 2010 -
Re: How to avoid copycatting?
1 - Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, yay! 2 - I'm not sure that there's a sure-fire way to know, but I sometimes have the paranoid thought that I've accidentally filched a ...
Aug 13, 2010 -
Re: Plants and sun and science.
Two things: - There's a very famous short story by Ray Bradbury ("The Green Morning") in which a man plants seeds on the otherwise-dead Mars and they grow overnight into ...
Aug 13, 2010 -
Re: Descent (part 1)
Just wanted to stop by and make some quick notes. - It's always tricky, trying to figure out where to stop and where to go (in terms of posting chapters). ...
Aug 12, 2010 -
Re: Descent (part 1)
Hey, I've just read your prologue & this first segment (since apparently it's not the full first chapter). And while you write beautifully and have some excellent turns of phrases, ...
Aug 11, 2010 -
Re: Fixing Things
I can't tell if this is a story or a story fragment, but it feels like the latter. You have a clever idea, but it's not going anywhere. You've set ...
Aug 10, 2010 -
Re: A Queen's Kidnapping (EDIT)
Kudos on figuring out a sneaky way to make their relationship work. Really clever solution to their whole power-play problem. Their relationship also works on a much deeper level, now. ...
Aug 9, 2010 -
Re: Between- The entire Pilot episode
Hey, Here as requested. I really love the ideas that you're presenting, particularly the idea of a man who can't die (those are always fun), but the presentation is still ...
Aug 9, 2010 -
Re: Your favourite fairytale?
Not so much a fairytale person anymore, but thanks. I've seen that site before. (And that wasn't the story -- Gaiman wrote a reboot of The Three Billy Goats.)
Aug 6, 2010 -
Re: Your favourite fairytale?
Back when I used to be overly fixated with fairytales, I had a weird thing for "The Snow Queen". I read it when I was really young, and the weird ...
Aug 6, 2010
