User avatar

simplycomplex

  • Other Poetry Re: skylight daydreams

    Hello! september sky overhead my skylight daydreams drift away on the string of a single green balloon I think lots of short poems (including published ones) are hard to relate ...

    Sep 28, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Bubbling

    Sort of a random poem I wrote kind of recently. Feel free to rip it to shreds if you wish to, but I'd really appreciate some tips on how to ...

    Sep 28, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Falling into Addiction

    Hey! Good descriptions and I like the way you have those descriptions but also present an important message without ruining your poem. Where there was once life it's (or "it ...

    Sep 28, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Ashes Can Cast a Spell on Me

    Hi! I thought that was really creative and cute. I can just imagine it in a children's book or something like that :). So, to get grammar out of the ...

    Sep 28, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Don't know

    I agree with StoryWeaver. The way the lines repeat so many times doesn't do anything to contribute to the poem. I think this is more like song lyrics than a ...

    Sep 28, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Poor Little Eraser Dog

    Aw... that was kind of sad but really interesting and creative at the same time. I really don't have much to say because your grammar and form were great though ...

    Sep 21, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: True Me

    Hey! I like how this poem is basically what everyone thinks but doesn't want to say or much less do most of the time. It's really easy to relate to ...

    Sep 20, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: "I Love You," You Said

    When I first glanced at the title of this poem I thought it would be something cliche since many poems with a title like "I Love You" are overly cliched. ...

    Sep 17, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: There's No Star

    Hey! I like this poem a lot, especially how your line breaks are in many of your poems. My favorite was this part: I shiver in the cold, But the ...

    Sep 17, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Sun Rose

    Hi! I really like the imagery in this poem, especially the "embers of the morning" part. There's only one part that I thought should be changed: As I walked through ...

    Sep 15, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: For the children of light.

    Hello! I think this is a nice idea for a poem and the length of this poem seems just right. And fall deeper and deeper , Into nothing? To get ...

    Sep 14, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Love

    Alright, so, I think short poems are harder to review, but I'll give it a try. Love leaves scars to learn from; (I think it makes more sense to add ...

    Sep 13, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Alone

    Hi! Okay, so, what I got from this poem is that someone was mad at the person and left. The first stanza is good, but after reading it I'm expecting ...

    Sep 12, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: One Hundred Nights of Thunder

    Hello! So, I really like this poem. The title captured my attention right away and I knew it would be an interesting poem. :) I like the first stanza the ...

    Sep 12, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: never to believe

    Hello and welcome to YWS! This poem is very loose, and though punctuation is not necessary, spell check really helps with grammar. I don 't beli e ve anything you ...

    Sep 12, 2010


A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden