User avatar

silentpages

  • Research Re: Blog posting medieval recipes!

    Mhm... And corn, I think? Which I think I remember from 5th grade history, now that I've been mulling it over... But still. Little things like that make me realize ...

    Oct 2, 2011
  • Research Re: Blog posting medieval recipes!

    UPDATE: And here's another legit-seeming site! XD I'm getting really tempted to make one of my characters a cook in their next book... Site layout is a bit odd, and ...

    Oct 2, 2011
  • Research Re: Blog posting medieval recipes!

    UPDATE: Okay, I've looked at the site a little more now. The recipes are originally from the book of a king's chef, translated into modern English (accompanied by adapted recipes ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Research Re: Blog posting medieval recipes!

    Okay, so it recently came to my attention how completely impractical the usual 'stew' would be when on a journey, etc. Figuring this out made me realize how little I ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Writer's Market Re: The 2012 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards

    Question: I've registered, but have not uploaded my project info yet... If I'm understanding the FAQ, I can edit the work itself up to the deadline, even after I upload ...

    Sep 24, 2011
  • Writer's Market Re: The 2012 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards

    I was already plannin' on registering for this tonight. ^^ Anyone else? Who's up for it?

    Sep 16, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: A Character's Class Schedule

    Physical Education: Action & Movement You wanna know something I’ve noticed about epic quests that involve traversing plains, mountains, and deserts to rescue an imprisoned princess or retrieve the

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Writer's Market Re: Careful of JustFiction! Edition -- SCAM

    No problem. ^^

    Aug 27, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: A Character's Class Schedule

    Ever had one of those days where nothing goes right? Well, fictional characters have those days a lot . Which is good! Part of being a writer is raising the ...

    Aug 26, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: A Character's Class Schedule

    History: Background Information Think of a book that takes place in a different kind of world. Far-off fantasy lands, or far-off futures. Chronicles of Narnia or Hunger Games. Pretty much ...

    Aug 21, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: A Character's Class Schedule

    This blog post is copied from my for-serious blog at http://www.probloguewriter.blogspot.com. Go there to read more writing articles from me. ^^ All posts in the Character's Class Schedule series will

    Aug 21, 2011
  • Research Re: I need a potentially controversional Book/Quote

    Yup, I think old fairy-tales are definitely a promising route to go on for this. ^^ Anyway. When I was younger I went through a telepathy/astral projection phase that was... ...

    Aug 20, 2011
  • Research Re: I need a potentially controversional Book/Quote

    Thanks, lol. ^^ That's a pretty good list of alledgedly questionable literature. XD I don't think I'm morbid... But things I write turn out creepier than I mean them to. ...

    Aug 20, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Stay in Character: Keeping Characters' Reactions Believable

    I did indeed. XD I'd heard the quote before, and it seemed appropriate. ^^ What's proper, though, when quoting a fictional character? Attributing it to the character, or the author, ...

    Aug 13, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Stay in Character: Keeping Characters' Reactions Believable

    [This was originally posted on my for-serious writing blog, here. Feel free to click around. ^^ ] It might sound simple at first. There are certain actions that would not ...

    Aug 13, 2011


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison