User avatar

silentpages

  • Writers Corner Re: An Award-winning Author Loves My Story? 8D [Question, also]

    My, my, I'm not sure I knew this forum was here. o.O Anyway, basically going to copy/paste my blog post here: Okay, so I just got back from a writer's ...

    Jun 19, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Governor's Fortune (R51C contest)

    As I said in the title, this is my entry for the lovely contest which can be found here: It has a slew of requirements, so it was interesting trying ...

    Jun 11, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Past or Present?

    I've always written in past tense, and to me it feels more natural. I think it gets me more into that storytelling mood. Like, when I'm telling somebody about something ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: My first four days of tablet ownership

    Like you probably grasped from the title, I recently acquired a tablet for my birthday (basically a giant track pad with a pen, so I can draw artwork right in ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Piggehs for Snoink

    As requested, Snoink, a graduating pig: And I'm still not exactly sure what TheNewHero was talking about, but it made me imagine something like this: Since, it is a pig ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Piggehs for Snoink

    *hasn't read Lord of the Flies. Should, and knows from various allusions and references what it's about, and it seems like the kind of book I would like, but I ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Piggehs for Snoink

    So yesterday was my birthday, and my wonderous parents got me a tablet. Specifically, a Bamboo Fun, which allows me to draw without the hassles of scanning something on and ...

    Jun 3, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: My (would have been) YWLJ entry

    That's the way, Jen! XD I haven't used GIMP in quite a while, but I knew there was a way that involved hitting some key...

    Jun 3, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: My (would have been) YWLJ entry

    Too bad you couldn't submit it. :( But, I'm glad I could help anyway. Those gimp files can be pretty tricky. As for the cover itself... I like the idea ...

    Jun 3, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Characters in my next novel =)

    *drools over your art* I envy you. So polished... So professional looking... My doodles are shameful in comparison. XD

    May 31, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Ice Ambassadors: Chapter 1 (Edits!)

    One of two simultaneously written NaNo novels, from November of 2010. Crazy month, but I got both done. This is the one that turned out semi-decent, but it still has ...

    May 30, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Guardian's Creed Prologue: Devil's Peak*REVISION*

    Ah, yes... There's always a Devil's Peak, or thumb, or some such possession of the devil. XD To me, 'stolen my body' means this other guy had control, in which ...

    May 30, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The curse of Medusa

    Question: What exactly is the boar eating? ""That creature certainly has legs,” the amateur hunter thought to himself" *pictures a boar without legs and giggles* Most animals have legs. I ...

    May 29, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Guardian's Creed Ch.1: A Vision*REVISION*

    An alright start. :) My notes going through: Ah... A paragraph or two of infodump is not a good place to start. Bring us right into the action. Sweep us ...

    May 29, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: KATANA: Prolouge

    My notes going through: "he figured tonight was as good a night as any to pop the question." I'm pretty sure guys put a little more thought than that into ...

    May 29, 2011


We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot