User avatar

silentpages

  • Research Re: I need a potentially controversional Book/Quote

    Yup, I think old fairy-tales are definitely a promising route to go on for this. ^^ Anyway. When I was younger I went through a telepathy/astral projection phase that was... ...

    Aug 20, 2011
  • Research Re: I need a potentially controversional Book/Quote

    Thanks, lol. ^^ That's a pretty good list of alledgedly questionable literature. XD I don't think I'm morbid... But things I write turn out creepier than I mean them to. ...

    Aug 20, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Stay in Character: Keeping Characters' Reactions Believable

    I did indeed. XD I'd heard the quote before, and it seemed appropriate. ^^ What's proper, though, when quoting a fictional character? Attributing it to the character, or the author, ...

    Aug 13, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Stay in Character: Keeping Characters' Reactions Believable

    [This was originally posted on my for-serious writing blog, here. Feel free to click around. ^^ ] It might sound simple at first. There are certain actions that would not ...

    Aug 13, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Trapped - Chapter 1

    "The cold night air raced past me as we moved against each other." Who's 'We'? Her and the night air, or is there another person present? "I was falling from ...

    Aug 10, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: A Country on Edge-Chapter 1

    "Arthur awoke the next morning, his alarm clock blaring." Since we've changed perspectives, it sounds a bit odd to say 'the next morning'. I think you could just as well ...

    Aug 9, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Prologue: A Country on Edge

    Not a bad start. ^^ My notes going through: Most people would turn around when they hear a scream... You say that Drew doesn't because he knows what's happening already, ...

    Aug 9, 2011
  • Information Desk Archive Re: YWS Radio Is Back On August 27th

    And I think I might be around this time! But I might still be camping... o_o Uh... I'll figure it out. ^^

    Aug 9, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The She-King

    It's a good description... But it's just that. A description. Is this for a contest or something, where it needs to be 150 words? Because otherwise, I would suggest expanding ...

    Aug 8, 2011
  • Writer's Market Re: Careful of JustFiction! Edition -- SCAM

    Nah, it's fine. XD I just figured I'd spread the word, just in case.

    Aug 6, 2011
  • Writer's Market Re: Careful of JustFiction! Edition -- SCAM

    Not sure if this is the right place for this (Mods, feel free to move it or whatever) but I figured I'd post a warning. There's a scam that's been ...

    Aug 6, 2011
  • Information Desk Archive Re: YWS Radio Is Back On August 27th

    Alas... T-T I will be gone, at a theme park, riding roller coasters... *sigh*

    Aug 4, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Lady No Soul (1)

    "Behind the mist my breath makes on the glass, the colours of the dress blur together; pink and white silk and lace trimmings smearing like the paints in a watercolour." ...

    Jul 31, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Circle

    Dude. I love this song. XD My notes going through: "Maybe I would’ve managed today too if it weren’t for the fact that I’d done the same for the past ...

    Jul 31, 2011
  • Research Re: I need a potentially controversional Book/Quote

    Ooooh! I hadn't even considered original fairy tales! Some can actually be pretty disturbing, yet the names and stuff would be familiar enough for a reader to catch the allusion... ...

    Jul 30, 2011


The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13