User avatar

sicklee

  • Other Poetry Re: Her Story (for lack of a better name...)

    I really like this! It feels very honest to me, so it's probably good that you left it as your first draft. I really see where you're coming from. Only ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Cresent's Valentine

    I adore "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" and certainly see the resemblance! This definitely conveys a lot of the emotional confusion of the original work. However, I do ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Break

    Tin foil beating against sugar, Mentally, physically, collegiately; It’s a smooth ride down, but you should Cover your rock scrapes. Swaying, just brushing the brittle brick wall, I remember its ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: These Scars

    I agree with BlueAfrica about the cliche - you use many throughout the poem and I think you could do well to add your own imagery as to what love ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I Don't Write Love Poems

    This is adorable! I agree with the above comment that having YWS on its own line in the first stanza is a little awkward. 'moon shine'. I'm KatTrain of YWS, ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Mod Squad Jungle Gym Re: Answers to Questions Everyone Has

    This might be a dumb question or it might have been answered before, but how is the number of points you are awarded for each review determined? Thanks!

    Oct 4, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Missing Italian Sands

    First of all - good job! The poem itself is beautiful and paints a lovely picture. My criticisms will be extremely nitpicky, but bear with me. They're really quite small ...

    Oct 4, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Working on Reviewer II, please help me....

    Pretty please? :D

    Oct 4, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: (I'm) A Shadowed Girl

    You were a deep twelve year-old! This is really insightful considering your age - I'm surprised you were able to get your thoughts down so coherently back then. The rhyming ...

    Oct 4, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Understudy

    I love the italics - they really give you a voice. I like that you didn't use punctuation - it adds to the emotion - but I think you should ...

    Oct 4, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Big Brother

    Most of what I would have to say about this has been said. The emotion is real, but it's hidden behind your rather forced rhymes. I think you could do ...

    Oct 4, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Barber

    They say after heartbreak, a haircut. A clean slate for every mistake. But now I've no hair left for cutting, And even less heart left to break.

    Oct 3, 2010


Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand