User avatar

sealegs

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Purple Honey

    I must admit, I don't believe I've ever seen the words "honey" and "violent" in the same pice before. That being said, I love the comparison and the addition of ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: its alive

    Let's see what we've got. Lovely title. Made me want to read this. I had to look up the definition of 'irascible' which gives you bonus points for making me ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Hungry

    First off, the 'you' of this poem goes from being absent to laying beside you. So I'm wondering if the tense should be looked. In other news, you've inspired some ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: A Certain Recollection

    I know it's rhymed poetry, but sometimes you write sentences in awkward word order to fit in a rhyme. For example, "sitting in a cafe, upon one end;/at a table". ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My heart in your hands.

    I must give you props for putting it all out there. Poetry is supposed to be raw. Be personal. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of personal that other people like ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: the birdcage (around the city)

    Deleted for editing. Thanks for the reviews!

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: The Canary (A painting that i started on Saturday!!!)

    I love the first shot of the canary up close. The hand coming out of the dark and the yellow stark against the black. It's inspiring a poem, I believe.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Or So I Thought

    I do not like the repeating of "Or so I thought". I actually think it should be removed. It's much too telling. So instead of talking to me, show me. ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Five Quick Poetry Tips

    Remove three adjectives. Add three nouns.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Last Trip

    I LOVE the opening line but the second line ruins it! I think it's pretty obvious that you're vulnerable if you're ankle deep and barefoot in a cold creek in ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Belscaria

    Hum...let's see. I think the first three stanzas are the weakest. What if you started this poem with, "Travel to the west"?

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: My Funny LIttle Haiku

    I agree. Take out the comma. Replace the semi-colon with a period. Write a better last line. You fall? Not enough seeing there.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hot Air - a physics poem

    Is the 'you' in the second stanza the same 'you' as the third? It's unclear. Otherwise, you've done well. I love the science / poetry overlap.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Mother

    Try writing about crying without the word 'cry'.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: nothing else will do

    Deleted for editing. Thanks again for the reviews!

    Apr 10, 2010


the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren