User avatar

sealegs

  • Lyric Poetry Re: You're a Sweetheart

    The word Navita's looking for is a Nesting Doll (or Matroshka in Russian). In my opinion, you should steal this idea of a metaphor and run with it. Start afresh ...

    Apr 11, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Single Soul

    From the very beginning to the very end you give us some controversy which is great. However your approach is a bit weak. Let's see. First off, accusing eyes would ...

    Apr 11, 2010
  • Scripts Re: Scavengers (Scene Nine of Ten)

    I haven't read this from the beginning so I'm a bit confused as to what's happening. In other news, I'm pretty impressed at how detailed your descriptions of the cinematography ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: The Thing

    First off, don't tell us the poem sucked. Let us get a chance to make our own judgements -and I'm sure ours aren't as harsh as yours. With that said, ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Tea Party (revised)

    Agreed with Elinor. I want to see more of the ship. More of the tea. What kinds of tea are there? Can you make up your own? I think these ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Romantic Novels Re: How to Seduce Money [1]

    Oh no! I must say, I didn't see that little twist coming. (Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough?) Anyway, you have a nice start of something longer here I think. ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Formality

    Let's see. To start, I like some descriptions you have here of the sofas, the pound cake, the lemonade etc. Sometimes you stray from these descriptions though, and the poem ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Re: Yakima (Just Dialogue)

    I definitely agree with Fire - this piece can't stand alone as just dialogue! All dialogue...well most dialogue...must be accompanied by some descriptions, otherwise it's not nearly as interesting to ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: A poopy summer!

    If we're going to write about unicorn poop, we may as well make it extremely interesting. I know this poem relies entirely on the form, but perhaps you'll have to ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: nothing else will do

    Why? Because writing is habitual and if you want to get good at it, you must do it even when you don't particularly want to. In my opinion, it's more ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Beautiful Place: Short Short

    I'm super impressed by some of these descriptions. The place you speak of is indeed beautiful, but that's not all. I get calm. So calm that something a simple as ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Why?

    I think this poem would be much more interesting if you were more confident in the why. By that I mean take out the maybe and perhaps and instead tell ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Mask

    I would be much more impressed with this poem if you took out all of the obvious and hid it underneathe something...well...less obvious. For example you say, "she feels the ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: it is surely expected

    I am a fan of haiku. However, I always find it easier to write a haiku than to write about one. But I'll give it a try. You're writing about ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: KD's Color Edited Photos

    These photographs are glorious! I especially like the second. The contrast in colors between the sky and the reflections are so appropriate and consuming. I am totally drawn in to ...

    Apr 10, 2010


This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot