Random avatar

sday1607

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Elusive words

    These elusive words Jumping, hurtling around the room; bouncing, rebounding off of the walls; crashing, fracturing through the ceiling; ideas glide, ghosting around my head. Ideas of love, loss, despe

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Unrequited.

    Cheers everyone for the comments, nice to see that you all liked it - although any critiques are welcome! :P

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I promise

    I promise. “I, take you, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Trapped

    Short but sweet. I like. :P I love the use of semi-colons in the first stanza, it really helps the rhythm to speed up, and then stop abruptly with the ...

    May 31, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: How Good, How Could?

    I have absolutely no idea what its about, but completely disagree with the last comment. I think the line breaks are imperative to the suspense and dragging the reader in, ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Storm-wings

    I loved it, the imagery was amazing. I also loved how, although the rhyme scheme altered throughout the poem, it somehow managed to fit and added an air of abstractness. ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Unrequited.

    Unrequited Bit by bit I gave myself to you. Three Michelin stars. Strange menu. First course: jellied eyes, accompanied with grilled asparagus tips. If only you could see what I ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I say I hate you,

    Good concept, the rhyme and structure seems very forced. I'd try a poem without worrying about rhyme/structure and just let the creative juices flow. It seems that you've got a ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Fresh Start.

    I liked the concept, but the last lines seemed to mess up the rhythm with being too long. I like how you never reveal the person, but it's blatantly obvious ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Alone and Solo

    This is my style of writing, and its pretty damn good. Again, formatting it into stanzas and enjambements would give it structure and improve it. The beginning of every line ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To the Sea

    Really, very, very good. Only critique would be the change in rhythm at the ends of stanzas 2 and 3. It slows it down and means that the crescendo of ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Oases

    An Oasis in the desert. Little by Little I start a revolution from my bed. The champagne supernova Living forever in its Morning Glory. Lord don’t slow me down I’m ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Alive.

    The other dreams I have of you are a fantasy, fallacy, farce, figment of my imagination – unrealistic, idealistic, optimistic. But this is different. I’m alive, kicking. A force of ...

    May 29, 2008


People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin