User avatar

scasha

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Land of Sky, Land of Rain (Chapter One)

    Hey!!! I decided that if I am going to check out your writing, I might as well start from the beginning. General stuff: Tellling vs. Showing! More showing please! Also, ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Introduction

    Hey Thealyn! Here's my crit key: Red = Comments Bold = Words I've inserted that I think work better Blue = What I want to say but not in red ...

    Nov 25, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What are you currently reading?

    I'm reading Sense and Sensibility by Austen for my Jane Austen class (I'm nearly finished and then I'll be reading Emma ) For my creative writing class I'm reading Junot ...

    Oct 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Recommend your favorite book

    I second the dan brown recommendation: Deception Point was my favorite book by him other than the da vinca code.

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vice President Choice

    All right, to get back on topic, here's an article I found about Sarah Palin and her mayor duties in Wasilla, Alaska. Please check it out: (it's on msnbc and ...

    Sep 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cauliflower and Hand Grenades

    Hey Angel of Death! I saw this floating around the forum, so I decided to critique it, let's see what you've got! Note: This is something entirely new and it ...

    Sep 8, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: School

    I have a ton of embaressing stories too. I have pretty bad vision since I'm nearsighted (can't see far away) and I didn't have my glasses on when I was ...

    Sep 8, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Spark of Hope

    Thanks so much! *Goes to fix now*

    Sep 7, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Spark of Hope

    Background: This is about the Buddhists Monks in South Vietnam who were being exploited and injured by the ruling catholics of the country during the Vietnam War. Enjoy! :D I ...

    Sep 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vice President Choice

    So experience wise (in years, Obama trumps Palin). Well, yes. But Obama is running for President, while Palin is running for Vice President. Therefore, the compariasons tha involve her and ...

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vice President Choice

    Obama had eight years on the Illinois Senate and then he served for two years on the U.S. senate. Palin has only been governor of Alaska for less than two ...

    Sep 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Recommend your favorite book

    I second Artemis Fowl series and The Hobbit! Great books!

    Sep 4, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The Millionth Run - Chapter 2

    Hey Kisonakl! Welcome to YWS! Here's my crit key: red = comments bold = stuff I changed blue = if I don't want to use red. Let's do this thing ...

    Sep 4, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Western Eyes

    Hey Sam!! Long time, no critique on my part! Let's see what you got!! The last of my shorts for Cal--I really have no idea how effective this is, because ...

    Sep 4, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Vermillion Tide - Chapter 2

    Hey Kris! I saw you put up installment 2! Let's see what you got! "Awake, Dan Kevalis...I have much to say. Awake" Boomed a voice from deep within, each word ...

    Sep 3, 2008


That's how we should measure our lives. Not in distance traveled, or time passed, or worlds conquered, but in moments... and the rush of joy—of grace—that exists within them.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)