User avatar

sanguine_dreams

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Can You Write About Things...

    I kinda "cheat" when I'm writing about something I haven't experienced myself. For instance, If I'm talking about a beach in Venice sometime in the 1500s, I'll talk about the ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Worst Ending line EVER!

    And so it was that finally, the paint had dried.

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: A creativity test.

    The evil fiend was eying the bowl-my bowl! My home! It's fatal doom-sound (rumbly and low) emanated from its entire body. I swam as far down as I could, and ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    I cannot -- seem to say -- What influences I have known, My poems do -- not portray -- From whose writing they have grown! (My attempt at an E.D., ...

    Jun 18, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Poems That Every Child Should Know

    Two words: Shel. Silverstein. Two more: True. Dat.

    Jun 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Tamora Pirece

    I love, love, LOVE Tamora! The only books of hers I didn't like were the Protector of the Small quartet. It's like the Song of the Lioness quartet, but boring! ...

    Jun 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you find it harder to read...

    It depends on how into it I am. If I write and I'm reading a book I like at the same time, I tend to have to rewrite entire sections ...

    Jun 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Evil

    I think making a character "evil" is a bit too much a one-dimensional way of thinking. I'm more in to Buffy the Vampire Slayer -esque villains. They're more than just ...

    Jun 18, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Those Who Mark in Library Books

    It's also annoying... but I mark in some of my books. Like in Waugh, when I find something funny. I marked up Vile Bodies . Library books you have to ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Those Who Mark in Library Books

    Why? WHY? WHY?! I am working on a story where I need to find the perfect poem, and so I checked out a bunch of poetry books from the library. ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Classics List Nominations

    All Quiet on the Western Front -Erich Maria Remarque

    May 30, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Life by Haiku

    This is a "TMI" haiku. I must urinate. Wal-Mart bathrooms are closed Yes! Got home in time! :lol: The bathrooms were being cleaned. Somehow we managed to miss every light ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Lymerics(sp?)

    ok i suck to the power of 20790681 with creating poems, i have good ideas but cannot put them into format, i thought of one earlier which i jotted down ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    Tamora Pierce's books were enjoyable to begin with and become better and better as you go through the years of her writing career. And all y'all haters can kiss my ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    I'm sure I'll remember something else right after I post, but here's what I've got: Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder Ender's ...

    May 23, 2007


Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield