User avatar

sanguine_dreams

  • Fiction Discussion Re: How long do you spend

    It varies. Sometimes I need a "dewriting" period, and sometimes I'll use every last second of free time on my stories.

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Chronicles of Narnia

    Of course I've read Chronicles of Narnia! How could I call myself a fantasy reader/writer without having gone through those? Actually, to be honest, I didn't read them myself... start ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rain

    Every time I see this thread I start thinking of that Alanis Morissette song. It's like rain On your wedding day Free ride When you've already paid

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    :) Sweet. Indeed :D Sounds interesting. Just make sure you identify the conflict, as that seems to be what got you into trouble in the first place ^_^ Yeah, okay.

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    when you make your characters as stubborn as mine, they tend to take things into their own hands. And there you have the possibility of a story. Have you outlined? ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Is this story on YWS? We're acquainted, but not good friends quite yet. hehe :D I often wonder how sitcom writers make stuff like this work. They write about the ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Is this story on YWS? HELL no... I'm not ready to put it up anywhere yet. I mean, I'm still getting to know the characters. (We're acquainted, but not good ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rain

    Has anyone ever noticed that in many books whenever something important happens, it starts raining? Rain seems to be a constant for dramatic or important scenes in a story. Does ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    First of all, a big virtual hug! ^_^ Second of all, can you identify what specifically in your story is boring? Is it the characters or the plot, specifically? ("everything" ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Don't worry, just keep going and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Claire and me had a few problems with our story because we wanted it to be based ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    *hugs* I'm sure your story will feel the benefit once you're done with it :] *Hugs back* Thank you! :)

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Yeah. It's called FREAK. I had to rewrite it several times already and the ending is mediocre, so I'm going to have to have surgery on it. Sadness. :( And ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    I have been working on a story for only a month and I've already done a complete overhaul once. It was much improved, but now I find it's really boring. ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing or typing? How do you write your story?

    It depends. I prefer to type them as I don't get my wrist cramped up as easily typing, and I can read it back more easily, but if I'm already ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: To describe or not to describe; that is the question.

    I tend to describe them, but I take my own sweet time with it so it doesn't end up a really boring 3-paragraph thing, but instead a sentence here and ...

    Jun 20, 2007


I wonder if people felt the freedom in our culture to love louder, if they'd be quicker to say "I miss you" when the absence of someone is felt instead of just thinking it.
— soundofmind