User avatar

sanguine_dreams

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cat and Dog-A Fable

    Tee hee...only one thing I found: "Panting and slobbering all over the place." It's not fable language. Panting, maybe, but not slobbering, and not 'all over the place.' Think of ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    when you make your characters as stubborn as mine, they tend to take things into their own hands. And there you have the possibility of a story. Have you outlined? ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Is this story on YWS? We're acquainted, but not good friends quite yet. hehe :D I often wonder how sitcom writers make stuff like this work. They write about the ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Is this story on YWS? HELL no... I'm not ready to put it up anywhere yet. I mean, I'm still getting to know the characters. (We're acquainted, but not good ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cat and Dog-A Fable

    Once upon a time, Cat and Dog were Wild. They were bitter enemies, natural enemies, and always enemies, but they had to tolerate each other’s existence. Now, Dog wasn’t too ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rain

    Has anyone ever noticed that in many books whenever something important happens, it starts raining? Rain seems to be a constant for dramatic or important scenes in a story. Does ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    First of all, a big virtual hug! ^_^ Second of all, can you identify what specifically in your story is boring? Is it the characters or the plot, specifically? ("everything" ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Don't worry, just keep going and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Claire and me had a few problems with our story because we wanted it to be based ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Rate the random thought above you

    6/10 what isn't weird? duct tape, paper clips, and rubber bands hold the world together. 6/10 meh, don't have much to say about it. Hello, my name is sanguine_dreams, and ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    *hugs* I'm sure your story will feel the benefit once you're done with it :] *Hugs back* Thank you! :)

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    Yeah. It's called FREAK. I had to rewrite it several times already and the ending is mediocre, so I'm going to have to have surgery on it. Sadness. :( And ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rewrites

    I have been working on a story for only a month and I've already done a complete overhaul once. It was much improved, but now I find it's really boring. ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Rap, Rock n' roll, pop, classical

    Homo-hop. The only music that seems to have anything worthwhile to say anymore. Otherwise, classical is fine, because it's instrumental, and Latin music (or even occasionally French, Japanese, or some

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing or typing? How do you write your story?

    It depends. I prefer to type them as I don't get my wrist cramped up as easily typing, and I can read it back more easily, but if I'm already ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: To describe or not to describe; that is the question.

    I tend to describe them, but I take my own sweet time with it so it doesn't end up a really boring 3-paragraph thing, but instead a sentence here and ...

    Jun 20, 2007


You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor