-
Re: How do you keep history, interesting?
I would also seriously consider moving the time period of colonisation (or at least the 'current' time of the story) much later. Or else do some really good research in ...
Dec 21, 2012 -
Re: Dear 13-year-old: YOU SUCK!
No. I will not sugar coat critiques for anyone, regardless of age. Sure I may not use as much fowl language, but thats it. If they post it on here, ...
Jun 18, 2007 -
Re: Dissertation- HELP ME! thats right, YOU!
If you need help, I just finished a really tough course load this semester and can help give much advice and knowledge from this side of the pond. However, in ...
Jun 8, 2007 -
Re: Need Help about Angels and Valkyries
A Valkerie is a angel-like warrior woman from Norse mythology. Literally, a Valkerie was a "Maiden of Odin" who would take slain warriors, who had proven themselves particularly brave in ...
Mar 9, 2007 -
Re: Need Help about Angels and Valkyries
Actually, not really. Angels ARE a judeo-Christian idea. Hermes is a God in and of himself, and while he served as the Messenger of Olympus, that is not his only ...
Mar 9, 2007 -
Re: Need Help about Angels and Valkyries
Whereas Angels are Judeo-Christian concept and are servants of/messengers for the Almighty. I'd like to refer you to my above post. Winged men in white robes playing harps are largely ...
Mar 8, 2007 -
Re: Need Help about Angels and Valkyries
A Valkerie is a angel-like warrior woman from Norse mythology. Literally, a Valkerie was a "Maiden of Odin" who would take slain warriors, who had proven themselves particularly brave in ...
Mar 8, 2007 -
Re: Attention coffee lovers!
Turkish Coffee. Like sweetened battery acid. (I.e. Tastes good, and one sip will keep you up for days)
Feb 4, 2007 -
Re: What thoughts would cross your mind
Depends. If it were just me getting bitten by a random dinosaur, if I wasn't badly maimed, I'd be totally jazzed--I just got bitten by a freakin' DINOSAUR. Plus.....chicks dig ...
Jan 22, 2007 -
Re: Last Names
I totally and entirely agree with Green River! Last names are not needed. But, While planning my novel in October, I found it helpful for me to give my characters ...
Dec 11, 2006 -
Re: Need names!!!
The Search function is your freind. His name is Searchy. Or Searchie. Whichever.
Dec 2, 2006 -
Re: WWII - Creative Writing Class Fictional Piece
well, TECHNICALLY Ireland was neutral. Northern Ireland (the part controlled by the UK) fought with the Allies, because they're considered British, but the other counties were neutral. THUS, I have ...
Oct 29, 2006 -
Re: Last names/Surnames?
the only real thing I can add is that in Israel, at least, we call it "family name" but even there are many types. Like there are your standard Eastern ...
Oct 18, 2006 -
Re: Using the Debate Forums as Inspiration
I write stories, I just don't really have the time at the moment. Actually my life is pretty much school, work, speech team. Rinse and repeat. It gets dull and ...
Sep 26, 2006 -
Re: Toga Party
TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!!!! Dont forget to wrap around, well, you know where...
Sep 8, 2006
