User avatar

sabradan

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence/Purpose

    I think all human beings have a purpose. Whether its "God given" or something else, I can't say, and to try and guess would be extrememly arrogant. I do however, ...

    May 16, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Euthanasia - Yay or Nay?

    Aye.

    May 15, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: How was your day?

    relaxing. I finally finished college. (well, freshman year, anyway) and am FINALLY DONE with finals. And I am home. And today I got a hair cut and did laundry. Tomorrow, ...

    May 15, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: PETA

    Yes, God provided animals for man, but did he not also ask us to be stewards of the Earth? The Earth is God's creation, and as such, it is not ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: If You Had A Million Dollars...

    Two chicks at the same time! (oh yeah! I LOVE Office Space) But nah, in all seriousness... I'd travel to all the places in the world I want to see ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Slobodan Milosevic-The Man Behind the Srebrenica Plan-Dead

    Look, I didn't come looking for an argument. You’ve reacted to my opinion with violence and a closed mind. I’m not going to bother to try to reply to that. ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Slobodan Milosevic-The Man Behind the Srebrenica Plan-Dead

    You can devise all sorts of violent methods in your mind about ways of punishing him, but it will end. I think feeling good about another’s' suffering is quite perverse, ...

    May 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Anyone here have a DA?

    May 3, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Slobodan Milosevic-The Man Behind the Srebrenica Plan-Dead

    He had the rest of his life to reflect upon his crimes of war, in a jail cell, no distractions. That should be punishment enough. If the man really did ...

    May 3, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: YWS Needs A Mascot!

    In honor of the U of I, who thanks to the NCAA will probably have to chance their mascot (lame), I propose the following mascot: Chief Illiniwek

    May 2, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm an aunty!!

    Congrats, Gal.

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The Daily Show and Colbert Report

    John Stewart is far more talented and focused than Stephen Colbert. In fact, I cannot STAND the Colber(t) Repor(t). I think he's stupid, selfish, and his show is just an ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Sports?

    Baseball (GO SOX!), and football, both American and otherwise, and basketball is pretty good too, although I prefer college hoops to professional.

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Iran Goes Nuclear

    I have to disagree with you Bob. In most cases that can be cited: (Russia v USA, Pakistan v India, Israel v Arab world N.Korea v NATO, etc) the potiential ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    sabradan is a screenname I've been using since I got on the internet. Its a combination of the word "sabra" which is a native desert cactus plant (that tastes really ...

    Apr 17, 2006


I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom