User avatar

rosethorn

  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Tresbourn Island (Working Title)

    It's a really nice start! Way to draw people in! The general being a woman is really nice because it's not what people would generally expect. I'm glad that you ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Draken: The Ancient's Gates

    The swift beat of wings lifted the dragon and his rider from the castle wall into the open air. In a moment they were gliding over the harvesting fields, forty ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Halloween is ...

    Entirely overrated and underdone. My expectations for the holiday in these passed few years have shrinked down to nothing. Nothing except that I do expect every year to have a ...

    Nov 6, 2006
  • General Articles Re: *Short* Essay "My Spruce Goose"

    I meant to send a reply to this much sooner than I now am but I did want to think about it for awhile and I'm glad I did. This ...

    Nov 5, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Crazy

    Darling, I think Snoink is quite right. There is a time to capatalize and a time to cool it. Though in poetry there is commonly not too many rules as ...

    Nov 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Top Tips for Writing

    Here's a tip worth your while. KNOW YOUR CHARACTER. I cannot stress this enough. In any given situation, a good writer will step back and instead of asking, " What ...

    Oct 7, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dears (Introduction)

    “You’re growing restless. You cannot tear your eyes from him.” Carolyn spoke to me over breakfast one morning. I could not withhold the sigh that escaped me, as I stirred ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Lyrics Re: knuckle drag'r

    This reminds me of Seether lyrics which is great because to me they are extremely talented music writers. (Of course that is if they write there own stuff, which I'm ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Freedom and a Dragon

    I notice you're writing in a first person style. So is this how your character would actually tell the story? Is this how this character would talk? There is not ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: i dont know why

    You are one of the few people who know that I hold a distaste for poetry in its traditional form so forgive me for sounding harsh. This poem is trash. ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Stalking The Stalker

    Hey, slow down there! You are writing too fast! There are plenty of errors in here that could have easily been caught if you took the time to proof-read. And ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Romantic Novels Re: In the moonlight

    It's a nice piece because it's real. But the style could use some work. It sounds more like a conversation; something you'd be saying and not writing. I'm not sure ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: False

    I contemplate the changes life has brought me just in this past year. They're visible I'm sure. But I wonder if I will ever douse this fire that still burns ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: WORK IN PROGRESS

    Breathe. Step back. Breathe. Step back. Heart pounding. Chest heaving. Head spinning. What had I done? Ten years ago there was an accident. A terrible tragedy that took place right ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: WORK IN PROGRESS

    Breathe. Step back. Breathe. Step back. Heart pounding. Chest heaving. Head spinning. What had I done? Ten years ago there was an accident. A terrible tragedy that took place right ...

    Sep 29, 2006


The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin