User avatar

piepiemann22

  • Homework Help Re: Outline

    It's just the format of the thing I want to make sure is good.

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: Power of the Soul

    (Is this thing dead, or are you guys just stuck?)

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Would you like to earn some points/ critiques?

    A link. The poem was posted the other day, but I had a bad feeling about it. I had a poem that was critiqued once, and it wasn't helpful. You ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: alone (horror) (edited)

    I read it and liked it. The problem is I'm tired and can't think strait. I'll reread it tomarrow and give you a better reply. One major thing is characterization. ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: The Arcadia Academy (Storybook)

    A link. The poem was posted the other day, but I had a bad feeling about it. I had a poem that was critiqued once, and it wasn't helpful. You ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Music

    In a way I like it. I get the idea behind it, but it needs some work all the same. 1) I go to the doctor and her says I'm ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: Wrath of the Dragons

    Myrth watched as Nyugan exited the cave. With a sigh he looked up at the sky. This is taking a tool at everyone. He looked everyone over and sighed again, ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: The Arcadia Academy (Storybook)

    (I'm in) Name- Light Yagami(From Death Note. He rules.) Age- 19 Appearance- Personality- A thinker. He tends to think things through and notice that that others don't. He as great ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: Spirit

    Jason listened as the people around him continued to chatter randomly. Jason started to get really annoyed. What should I do? Maybe introductions are in order huh? Maybe, but... alright, ...

    Nov 27, 2007
  • Homework Help Re: Outline

    (I'm doing this for English, but I'm not sure it's right. Could someone help me out.) Formal Outline Introduction Introduction:(Thesis) Switching from Europe to America during the 1950’s abstract ex

    Nov 27, 2007
  • Archive Re: Wrath of the Dragons

    Myrth chukled, "A fine trick my friend. I've seen a lot of things in my travels, but that was quiet impressive." "Thank you. May I ask why you're here?" Myrth ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Archive Re: Starlit (Fantasy)

    Morning came early the day after the storm. Hyral had given the girl his cloak for the night, but he couldn't sleep. he kept feeling like there was something out ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Archive Re: Spirit

    (Here's Jason's friends profile.) Name- Ryan Marks Age- 27 Appearance- Personality- Very easily amazed in the terms of spirituality. Can sometimes be a little too excited. Even so he knows ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Archive Re: Spirit

    (Spirits can talk to who ever.) Jason simply sighed. All this babbling was getting them no where. Suddenly a shiver ran down his spine. He turned to see another girl ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Archive Re: Starlit (Fantasy)

    (I thought my charater was in the cave with TN's? I'm so confused.)

    Nov 25, 2007


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)