User avatar

parker-c-penne

  • Other Poetry Re: Kolkata

    Sorry folks, I've put my work in the wrong catagory again! Typical! Is it possible to move it without having to post it twice?

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Kolkata

    I spent a month working with the poor of India in November last year. O, Kaleidescope of Colour, Cacophony of sound, Will I ever forget That eastern sun Pounding the ...

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Shadow (chapeter 1 Will)

    There were a lot of problems with that story, and to highlight them all would be tiring. So I'm just going to say: WATCH YOUR GRAMMER and PUNCTUATION. Best selling ...

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Child

    Yes, there's something ominous about this poem- hey- it got my vote!

    Feb 19, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Sitting/Beauty

    Sitting. I liked this poem, it was short, simplistic and meaningful and the measure was spot on. Quatraine, Cinquaine or whatever other aine there is poems usually don't appeal to ...

    Feb 19, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dear Diary

    I liked it!

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: isn't it strange?

    It was good. Yeah I liked it. But I think a couple of lines could be fixed, its no big deal. Well done.

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: In The Dark

    Yeah I liked it. Couple of things that need to be untangled but it makes for some easy reading. Well done.

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: SINNE FIANNA FAIL

    This is a draft, so please point out punctuation and spelling errors if you come across them. PART I Subsequent to the foundation of the Irish Free State in 1921, ...

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Parker C Penne

    I'm Irish and partial to drink- so one could argue that I am the stereotypical Irish man- without the beer belly and the Leprechaun accent. Essentially I am, what I ...

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Silver Soldier of the Sea

    Well, too be honest, I think that the details are key to this poems overall effect. A poem is an expression so let it be one, why hide things from ...

    Feb 17, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Silver Soldier of the Sea

    I caught this fish. Glimmering, Silver Soldier Of the Sea. And laid it by my side. Ripped the hook From it's nose. The tear of raw flesh And a spill ...

    Feb 17, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Soldier

    I have killed in my life. I've seen murder and I've grown to accept it. My eye's are stained by the wounds of other men. Am I a monster, A ...

    Feb 17, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Soldier

    Also, i accidentally inserted this into the "other fiction" section, and I'm going to move it ASAP!

    Feb 17, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Soldier

    This is a poem, a narrative style unique to most Irish poets like John Montague and Derek Mahon. The language is accesible and in most cases a story is being ...

    Feb 17, 2007


I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl