User avatar

paperbackheart

  • Archive Re: What would happen if?

    Daymion from Monotony- "So that's the plan," Rivera stated. "Any questions?" Daymion looked up from the table and frowned. "What did you say again?" he asked. Rivera smacked himself in ...

    Mar 7, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Set: Into the Shadows

    I open my eyes. I'm alive. I lean my head back and groan, throwing the empty bottle against the wall. I wasted two hours sleeping and now Mom and Dad ...

    Mar 7, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Princess Angel

    This absolutely horrible, but you could make it worse. You could say when the princess met the prince something along the lines of "When the princess saw the knight, she ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The keys

    Like Ilovebubbles said, it lacks emotion. Some parts of it lack realism. If my mom would have let me sat in the passenger seat when I was five, then she ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Prologue

    It's too short to give a good review on this. The first three sentences pulled me in. The visual was good, but you could extend that. The fourth however pulled ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: to the ducks swimming in ditchwater

    This is a very moving piece. Enviromentalist, no? Apologizing to the ducks drew my attention at first and you kept it all the way until the end. Yes, the knowledge ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Creative Block...

    Haha, I love it. Especially, "Bane? Really?" I think a lot of people have that trouble. It's so true about writer's block. You really have to be really creative to ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Ready: Into the Shadows.

    Take a deep breath and I calm my racing heart. What time is it? It's 6:52 and I have about two more hours before they get home, two hours of ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Vulnerability

    This is really deep and moving. I can relate to that perfectly. I loved the visual of sliding everything back into place. The thing I enjoyed was the repitition you ...

    Mar 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Too Ugly

    I think you should have expanded on this poem. It is hard to imagine why the person would think they are ugly on the inside. Use some metaphors to get ...

    Mar 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Encounter With Satan

    Personally, I like it. It's blunt and a bit childish. That's what I like about it. There aren't any grammatical mistakes I saw, nor spelling, so either you did well ...

    Mar 4, 2011
  • Official Polls Re: Genre Battle

    Personally, I love horror. It brings the chills down my spine and gives me my adrenaline. I believe I can write good horror, but then again I also tend to ...

    Mar 4, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hurt

    I can understand this a lot and I think it was very good. To people who have been in these types of relationships, it's an easy poem to understand. A ...

    Mar 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Let it Fall

    FOR MATURE READERS! I can't really rate it, but this can get a little weird. So be mature and leave good criticism. Thank you and now ON TO THE STORY!!! ...

    Mar 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: His Little Girl

    This is a very moving and slightly upsetting story to me. The first paragraph confused me at first, but now I understand it. It caught my attention and drew me ...

    Mar 4, 2011


Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said