Random avatar

pandora

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    5. Leaves of Grass (does a poetry book count?) Don't ask me why, but I HATE Whitman more than just about anything. 4. The Sun Also Rises, by Hemingway. I ...

    Jul 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dear Bullies

    Hi there! I think you've got a good starting concept, and I really like the idea of the journal type format. But I totally agree with KD here - you ...

    Jul 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Rites for a Hero

    Um.... wow. I'm too much in awe to say much of anything. I was so surprised to find out that this was about Greek mythology though! (I didn't read the ...

    Jul 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Scabbards

    Hi there. I think this is a good start, and I definitely like your idea. Your intro is very good and (at least for me) draws the reader's interest. Your ...

    Jul 3, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Button (12+ for war/violence themes)

    This is the first item I've posted in a while, so I'm not sure if this is the right place exactly. I could see it fitting in several genres, so ...

    Jul 3, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Countdown

    I thought this was very interesting. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, so apologies in advance if my review isn't too helpful! First of all, I really ...

    Jul 3, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: About Tears

    I thought this was a very nice piece. You have lovely powers of description, and your insight into the human condition is both thought-provoking and beautiful. Your personification (I'm not ...

    Jun 30, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Chapter One of my currently untitled Work-In-Progress

    Thank you both for reading! Sorry my response is so late... we had a bad hailstorm and I just got my electricity/internet back a little while ago. Jai - Thank ...

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "War in the name of democracy is justified."

    I think starting a war is justifiable if it is used as an ultimate last resort and protects basic human rights, e.g. WW2 (eventually) ended Hitler's genocide against the Jews ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Chapter One of my currently untitled Work-In-Progress

    Victoria inhaled, tightening her fingers against the coolness of the metal railing. Her hair, unburdened by the sea-breeze, snapped around her face with a ferocity befitting the situation. In every ...

    Jun 26, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Masculism

    Just so you all know, "wife support" is actually called "alimony". In most cases, I can agree that it is probably a load of garbage. But some women give up ...

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: One Shall Stand...

    It's not bad. You seem to have a pretty good feel for dialogue, and your prose successfully creates a feeling of suspense. However, like Angel, I found this pretty confusing. ...

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The man raised his eyes to heaven

    Wow. This is just... wow. I love your metaphors and the way you make this one, specific moment so universal. I don't usually like rhyming poems, but you make it ...

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey there!

    Thank you guys so much for your warm welcome and advice! I read the rules, checked out the debate group and joined; it seems very interesting. I'm sure I'll have ...

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Babies Created by Design

    There are two issues I have with designer babies. The first is its limitation on personal freedom. By allowing parents complete (or any) control over their children's genetics, we are ...

    Jun 23, 2009


If Nate ever zeroes the count in "Count Up Until Nate Zeroes It", that zero should be immortalized in the quote gen.
— JazzicusMaximus