User avatar

olivia1987uk

  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    How about we start our own? Sounds like fun! So so far we have Sidewalk = Pavement Trash = Rubbish There is also Trash can = Bin Pants = Trousers ...

    Aug 19, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    PAVEMENT! It seems such a silly word now.... xxx

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    Being English I don't think I've ever said sidewalk or trash...feels werid to say them but I'm used to hearing them xxx

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    I don't want to initiate a war lol....I adore both types myself...they both have so many positive points but there is a definite distinction Whether it is the vocab or ...

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: jodi picoult

    Another Favorite of mine was Change of Heart, merely for it's beautiful representation of holy acts. I completely agree with you on this count my dear....I'm not a religious person ...

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: English vs American writers

    I'm proud of my heritage as much as the next person and I do not want to incite any discrimination here... I just reckon there is definite difference between how ...

    Aug 18, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Children's story

    A couple of silly mistakes such as capital letters in the wrong place and missed out words but I don't want to patronise you by pointing this out when a ...

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Petra pt 2

    Rummaging through her black Christian Dior Jazzclub leather patent bag with obvious finesse, Isabella pulled out her MAC lip gloss. She broke out into an inane grin every time she ...

    Aug 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [5]

    Thought I'd put a face to the name!

    Aug 18, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Food for Thought

    Beautifully written I must admit. I really did enoy it. The topic wouldn't usually be something I'd be interested in but the way its written makes you believe... The only ...

    Aug 17, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Petra pt 1

    Sorry about the length The amount of calories that would be burned in getting up, getting showered, getting dressed and walking to the lecture failed to entice her to open ...

    Aug 9, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: jodi picoult

    Every book I read of hers becomes my new favourite so of course, at the moment Change of Heart is by far the best! I loved the character of Lucius ...

    Aug 9, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Back again...

    Hey hopefully I can call you Kat too. I'm Olivia and I've been here 2 or 3 months now. I can't get enough of the place! xxx

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Politican's Wife

    Hey deafwriter_19! You have a brilliant style of writing! Its very admirable! Anyway, I haven't reviewed any of your work before so I just wanna say I do not correct ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (4)

    Hey, I haven't read the previous chapters of this but I certainly will now! Yeah, it is pretty long but I quite onestly didn't notice obviously because I really enjoyed ...

    Aug 7, 2008


The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown