User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Other Poetry Re: O Brave New World

    No crits? I really like this. All the images are really beautiful and I was really drawn in by the allusion of the title. I like the title's relationship to ...

    May 19, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Not really a poem?

    Lauren, this IS a poem! And I think it's quite nice! I liked how it was a collection of flashes, and it didn't really make sense until I read the ...

    May 14, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Competence.

    All right guys... I know I've been MIA from YWS for a while and I feel guilty about crawling back and asking for reviews. But I did a whole bunch ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sleeves.

    I think this is really cool (despite the depressing subject...) Dear, you should cover your arms, your pain is showing. The scars are exposed to all and the crowd is ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Someone Else

    I have read this over many times. It's very interesting to me. You oscillate between your desolate feelings in one stanza and your possible choices in the next. There has ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Work Wonder

    I like this. It's like a snippet of an experience and I want to know more about the characters. Is the speaker a boy or a girl? Is the "he" ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Apology

    Did you mean for this to sound like "This is Just to Say" by William Carlos Williams? The rhythm is very much like it and you use some of the ...

    May 12, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Notes on a Plane Crash

    you have a lovely voice.

    May 12, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Latitudes, Longitudes, and Magnetism

    This is beautifully written, but I find it a bit hard to understand. After the first three lines (which, by the way, I find just perfect) the point-of-view changes from ...

    May 9, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: My Icarus

    Honestly, honestly, honestly. This is sooooo beautiful. I love how you turn Icarus into a love story. His wings of wax, Gilded gold and beautiful, but Cold to the touch ...

    May 9, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: All is Not What It Seems

    My main problem with this is punctuation! I think for some poems it's okay to go light on the punctuation, but in the case of this poem, the lack of ...

    May 9, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: not sure...

    I read this a few days ago and have been meaning to get back. I'd first like to say, what's with the preface? you sound like you have a major ...

    Mar 24, 2009
  • General Articles Re: I'm Sorry, Sally Lolly

    I have to say, I think this is really genius. It's so real. I had a friend like this. First she had depression and they were going to move to ...

    Mar 24, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Oval Portrait

    Good job. You are a great storyteller. However, this doesn't seem much like a poem to me. It seems more like prose that you broke up into 4-line stanzas. For ...

    Mar 21, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A World Apart

    I love this, especially the last stanza. The way it doesn't rhyme really works with the words themselves to create a feeling of melancholy. It is a bit startling that ...

    Mar 21, 2009


Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat