User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Romantic Novels Re: Letters Unsent *Chapter One*

    Hello, there! Let's start out with the nitpicks, shall we? The way your hand always find mine, Subject-verb disagreement. Do you mean "Hand find s " or "Hand s find"? ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: My big brother

    Hello! Is this a known structure, or did you make it up? It looks nice, the way the stanzas are all the same shape, but I don't know if it ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Socs

    Song: I Love How You Love Me, The Paris Sisters Word: Reversal Having Mrs. Calvert for eighth grade English was the WORST. She wore shorter skirts than anybody’s mother and ...

    May 26, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A Path all my Own

    Welcome to YWS, Werewolf_Girl! Don't forget that you should do two reviews for every thing you post. That way everyone will get reviews - and reviewing really helps to improve ...

    May 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: It's Just A Hut

    Wow. I love this. I don't know why, but it gives me kind of a Beatnik, On the Road vibe. I think the strongest thing about this is the narrative ...

    May 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: All through the night

    It's just so awful. What I'd really like to know is how you knew how to describe labor! The descriptions were really well done - grotesque and lovely. I like ...

    May 24, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I'm so, so sorry

    Jon talked about the "you" in this poem as a she. Funny, I thought of it as a he the whole time. Which is it? I found the first section ...

    May 24, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I hold out my hand

    This is a really interesting sequence of emotions. The ending was actually kind of sad for me. I didn't like that it was a new hand. What happened to the ...

    May 23, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Requiem

    Intriguing story. Is this going to be a utopia/dystopia story? Because that "Father" guy is sounding pretty sketch about now. Under typical circumstances, a teen who misspells their name would ...

    May 23, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Poetry Isn't So Hard...

    I agree with Tyler. This poem is really self-conscious. I like the idea of making fun of writing poetry and trying to rhyme, but since you told us that you ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Holy Ghost Rhapsody 1

    I have to say I love this. Part 1: In the classical days, the days before slipstreams, they would simply put those people to death; this was a much more ...

    May 21, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Pavlov's Dog at Sunrise

    Song: Can't Take It, All American Rejects (don't laugh at me... it was my freshman year) Word: Tragic Hero The morning sun streams through the bars on Jared’s window, but ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Seagull

    This is really interesting. I like the haughtiness of the seagull and all the imagery. Punctuation. You have a lack of it. I think it takes away slightly from the ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: This is your life

    Reminded me a bit of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (probably because I just read it). I'd recommend it; it's a good book. Now on to your poem: I think ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: My un-known

    I really like your theme and what you're actually saying in this. But the way you're saying it kind of makes it hard to understand. Capitalization. Is there any rhyme ...

    May 19, 2009


Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss