User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Scripts Re: Star Wars: Recollection P 1-10

    Hello, there. I have to say I was intrigued by this being a Star Wars screenplay. My main question is, how authentically Star Wars is this supposed to be? Just ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Great Gatsby

    I am surprised to find so many Gatsby-haters here. I guess I thought it was more or less universally well-liked. I love this book. It made an indelible on my ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Alchemist

    Yeah, I feel like at times it tries a little to hard to be deep and philosophy-ish. Especially at the beginning, I felt like I was getting bombarded with little ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: New member

    Hello, Carl! I'm Rachel. Welcome to YWS. You are sixteen, going on seventeen, innocent as a rose... Do you like The Sound of Music? I don't understand people who say ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: "Alone" Prologue

    Bonjour, Jules. Let's start out with the nitpicks. “Ugh!” Ryan slammed to the ground, blood around her lips and pain in her stomach. It's probably just me, but when I ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Then there was three

    Hello, angelwing! I've marked the grammatical & spelling errors, and also showed you how I would reword some things the make them sound better. There I was , standing at ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Big Girl

    thank you, mars. neither was I!

    Jun 2, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Seattle

    Sorry to flood the boards with my stuff, but I had to finish cal's contest because the deadline is TODAY. Song: Dream, Roy Orbison Word: pathos “Hi, Becky. This is ...

    Jun 2, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Studio.

    Hello! I liked this. It wasn't as far-fetched as I had expected! Andromeda touched on a lot & I agree. One other thing was, for the first half of the ...

    Jun 2, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Big Girl

    Song: A Whole New World, from Aladdin Word: Irony Mommy wakes you up. “Five more minutes!” you try to say, but you can’t ‘cause you’re still asleep. Mommy opens the ...

    Jun 2, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Happiness

    Hello Twilight Dog! Welcome to YWS. So, ditto on everything Juniper said. This poem doesn't have very good rhythm. I find it helpful to read my poems aloud. It usually ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Scripts Re: My Truth

    Hello, mayonnaise! I've never critiqued a script before, so I'm not sure how helpful this will be... Is this a standalone scene, or is it part of a play? I'd ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: A Girl Just Knows

    Hi there, Kiki! "You look adorible trying to act funny," she said. Should be "adorable". "Yeah, my humor never seems to translate with others." I said, blushing and moving my ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Who is winter?

    Hey winter! Welcome! What are your favourite things to learn? History? Physics? Animals? What other books do you like besides Twilight? What sports do you like? Nice to meet you! ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sonnet

    In Memoriam, from Les Choristes Deux ex machina The soldiers march onward in rigid rows, Identical breastplates catching the light; Each man is focused on the cursed foes, Teeming with ...

    Jun 1, 2009


You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus